Just planning a new build, mindless exercise.

Denny

Canned Monster
Reaction score
It will be built on a wooden frame. I have a big pile behind the shed. I have plastic lawn mower wheels I would like to use. I have a v twin 670 HF engine. I want to power it. I want to go over 100 mph if I can build it light enough. I want it to be safe so I will use an old leather belt as a seat belt. Any other ideas or suggestions?

Denny

Canned Monster
Reaction score
Those that know me know I’m not phone or computer compatible. Sorry no pictures.😩. I forgot to mention I have a big bag of nails and a hammer. Sid I know you have some thoughts. I would be interested in hearing.

Denny

Denny

Canned Monster
Reaction score
I remember when you built that. You should remember me. I’m just learning this technology crap. Cut me some slack please.

Denny

karl

Reaction score
I remember when you built that. You should remember me. I’m just learning this technology crap. Cut me some slack please.

Denny
How do you post here? Welcome back! Obvious troll is Obvious. Look forward to your content.

Denny

Canned Monster
Reaction score
Before I had to retire I used the computer at work. I just got a smart phone today. Check my profile I’m no troll, a goofball, but not a troll.

Denny

karl

Reaction score
Before I had to retire I used the computer at work. I just got a smart phone today. Check my profile I’m no troll, a goofball, but not a troll.

Denny
Halfway there , click the camera button, ok, shoot. Now go here, and click the paperclip attach files thing, and do so. No more excuses now. Lets see this masterpiece!

Denny

Canned Monster
Reaction score
Halfway there , click the camera button, ok, shoot. Now go here, and click the paperclip attach files thing, and do so. No more excuses now. Lets see this masterpiece!
Thanks! Will have to try it. But the real purpose of this thread was to get every stupid thought out of everyone’s head. Like pounding 10 penny nails up through the seat to keep from sliding off it, or something like that.

Denny

ezcome-ezgo

G'me sumthin to write on
Reaction score
For what it's worth, I recommend thin wood, it's lighter and more aerodynamic. And remember, every nail adds an ounce of weight. Thumbs up on the wheel choice, good for drifting, which is what everyone longs to do. You could call it "The Wood-Drifter". Get it?

madprofessor

"Loose Cannon Creations"
Reaction score
I don't think there's a chance of holding together my composure! Will have to laugh into my armpit. Wood kart with...........nails? Seat belt (lap belt) via trousers belt? Ape tape? Balsa wood? 100 mph plastic wheels? Wowwwwwwww! I'll call you Daddy if you'll put me in your will.
Every bit of that except wood and 670 makes no sense.
If you can build a vintage Morgan spruce-frame replicar with that motor in it, go for it. That means not one single nail, screws only. Balsa wood on aesthetic parts only, no structural. If "monokote" is the laminated honeycombed aviation grade Balsa and marine plywood used in the DeHavilland Mosquito, the Spruce Goose, etc. then you could make it structural using vertical axis only. No seat belt at all, not even as a lapbelt, if you're not going to build a crashworthy rollcage, you'll need to be thrown clear in a rollover before it snaps your neck. Inside of a rollcage, a lapbelt's not enough, need to restrain the torso too, think harness. Canvas-skin stunt planes have had a lot of highly specialized tape used on them, but aerosurfaces aren't structural, that's all done by internal ribs. Plastic wheels are truly flat-free, don't even need innertubes. Just a garbage bag to pick up the pieces when it explodes at any serious speed. Rims, hubs, spokes, intestines, femurs, eyeballs, etc..................Daddy.

karl

Reaction score
I If "monokote" is the laminated honeycombed aviation grade Balsa and marine plywood used in the DeHavilland Mosquito, the Spruce Goose, etc.
No sir that's too heavy for the 100mph goal, balsa frame.

I was talking the heatshrink wrapping for model airplanes, aerodynamics and weight savings are mission critical.

gegcorp2012

Reaction score
What about epoxy resin soaked wood with a coat of 'glass ?

I made a hydrofoil like that and it was good for 200 mph. (oops 20 MPH, which on a hydrofoil - is really flying)

Denny

Canned Monster
Reaction score
Thanks! Will have to try it. But the real purpose of this thread was to get every stupid thought out of everyone’s head. Like pounding 10 penny nails up through the seat to keep from sliding off it, or something like that.

Denny
Koi