Just out of curiosity

NO1PITA

Reaction score
How long does it take you to get a neglected go kart up & running.
Just wondering, no particular reason

Denny

Canned Monster
Reaction score
Depends on type of kart, what my plans are for it, how much money I have at the time and if parts are back ordered. Then you also have how much work the kart may need. See, there are lots of variables.

panchothedog

Reaction score
For me, 2 to 3 weeks to get it running. But an extra 4 to 6 weeks to make it pretty. But I am old and slow, 4 to 5 hours is a LONG HARD day for me.

NO1PITA

Reaction score
Gentlemen, I thank you ALL for the input, much appreciated.:)

DENNY:
I agree it depends on what shape the kart is in & what all it needs to get it going.
When I order parts and have to wait, I tend to get busy with another kart or some other project.
By the time parts arrive I'm usually knee deep with the other project.
As my good wife says, I've got too many irons in the fire.

PANCHOTHEDOG:
The karts I end up with have no motors, but I have several I've collected form my other projects.
Getting the motor going is priority one, & then the body & drive system
Getting engines running is not too much of a problem usually.
Brake & fuel linkages give me a little problem.
I too am old 74 to be exact and retired for 5 1/2 years now, I retired at 69 years old loved my job, I don't have the get up & go I had when I was working.

BUDGET GOKARTS:
I've always been told TO WORK WITH WHAT YOU'VE GOT, that has worked for me over the years.
But some of this go kart engineering stuff I can't seem to rap my head around.
I'll get there.

To make it harder on myself, I try to make the karts look the way I want them to.
I like something unique & individual to my taste and that's where I give myself a headache.:p
I mean after all who wants something just like everyone else has.
SWMBO says I tend to be a too much of a perfectionist and want EVERYTHING perfect
Cheers gentlemen.
And again.
THANK YOU

NO1PITA

Reaction score
I know all have seen REDNECKCOMPUTERGEEK on Youtube
He fascinates me with how he comes up with his ideas for altering mower bodies & engines