Just got this tonight!

Status
Not open for further replies.

thatboombotzguy

Reaction score
Ok, just picked this up from a very nice lady in South Carolina for 150 bucks! The engine runs real strong, seats adjust, and a full roll cage for my dopey kids. The only problem is the right front tire is flat, and it tends to stall out when not moving. I am no expert by any means when it comes to go carts, so any help would be great. Anyone have any knowledge on these carts? I plan on taking it apart and cleaning it up, tightening the roll cage, cleaning up the engine, etc.. Any tips anyone? Ive included a few pics to get started.

Thanks
Tom

Attachments

• DSC02020.jpg
    DSC02020.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 40
  • DSC02021.jpg
    DSC02021.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 41
  • DSC02022.jpg
    DSC02022.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 39
  • DSC02023.jpg
    DSC02023.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 22
  • DSC02024.jpg
    DSC02024.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 32
  • DSC02025.jpg
    DSC02025.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 30

thatboombotzguy

Reaction score
That tire came completely off the rim, any idea how to get it back on? Do i need to bring it somewhere to get it done?

newrider3

Reaction score
The bead came off? or the entire tire?

If it is just the bead, wrap a ratchet strap around the middle of the tire, cinch it down and air up the tire until the bead seats.

thatboombotzguy

Reaction score
How dopey? :D
BTW- Great score for $150!

As Dopey as 2 little boys with powered vehicles can be, they have dubbed this their Urban Assault Vehicle, WTF? Already planning on racks to put the BB guns, Ill have to put an end to this quickly.

The Whole tire came off, is there something i can put on the bead to prevent it from happening again?

Doc Sprocket

Reaction score
Yeah. Air. You should be able to lever the tire back on with a couple of prybars or large flathead screwdrivers. Brush soapy water over both bead surfaces, and inflate. If you're having great trouble re-seating, try the above-mentioned ratchet strap trick, usually very effective. Once it's good, inflate to an acceptable pressure (see sidewall of tire). Too low a pressure, it'll continue to pop off. If you wish to run a very low pressure for suspension purposes as I do, install inner tubes in the tires.
Good luck! Cheers- Chris
PS- BB Guns? Urban Assault Vehicle? Are you kidding me? How old are your kids? When can I expect mine to turn into little homicidal maniacs? :D I forget how old I was when I did!!!

thatboombotzguy

Reaction score
PS- BB Guns? Urban Assault Vehicle? Are you kidding me? How old are your kids? When can I expect mine to turn into little homicidal maniacs? :D I forget how old I was when I did!!!

Well, my youngest started at 7 or so, your mileage may vary:2guns:

Thanks for the advice. As far as that torque converter is concerned, the belt seems loose, how loose should it be?

Attachments

• DSC02024.jpg
    DSC02024.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 12

Doc Sprocket

Reaction score
Fairly loose. You'll have to determine which model torque convertor you have (pic looks maybe like a 40), check the Comet website for ID info. Then measure distance from drive clutch center to driven clutch center, and reference that to the correct belt size (again, see website), which WILL appear loose.
Cheers!

EDIT- I goofed. Looked at pic, realized it can't be a 40, looks asymmetric... Still, ID, then check web. Might be a TAV? Jump in, fellas!

Kaptain Krunch

Pro Junk Collector
Reaction score
If your still having idling problems, just clean out your carb. I have the same tecumseh, and i have always had carb problems with it.

thatboombotzguy

Reaction score
Ok, played around a bit with it today, tightened up all the bolts holding the rollbar on, probably gonna weld those in the near future. This thing also vibrates too much as well, mostly the floor pan, (if i press down on the floorpan with my foot, its alot quieter.) Any tips on how to remedy this? Should i weld the floorpan to the frame to keep it from vibrating? Ive included a video of the cart with the engine at idle, what do you guys think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXKtgvo0Vhk

thatboombotzguy

Reaction score
oh BTW, the brakes on this absolutely SUCK! ive looked for a way to adjust them, but see nothing. What exactly do i have to do to get the brakes working correctly.

residentg

...why did I do that?
Reaction score
Looks like a Yerf-Dog 30032, you can download a manual for it here:
http://yerf-dog.com/products/30032.html

The engine is a Tec 6hp, the spring linkage is described here:
http://www.reliablegokarts.com/engine.htm

Yerf-Dog parts can be ordered here:
www.bmikarts.com

You got a great deal on that kart!

Last edited:

frederic

The Junk Man
Reaction score
Its amazing how the size of the smile is in direct proportion to the speed of the cart, LOL.

Apparently sir you're not familiar enough with the concept yourself to not be surprised?

I can assure you... as an adult... there is much joy launching from a now-green traffic light and having the front wheels lift off the ground. Or taking a curvy exit ramp at 125 mph because the car sticks so good.

Not necessarily in the same vehicle of course but you get the ideal.

Power is fun. It's a shame it's so darn expensive.

thatboombotzguy

Reaction score
Apparently sir you're not familiar enough with the concept yourself to not be surprised?

I can assure you... as an adult... there is much joy launching from a now-green traffic light and having the front wheels lift off the ground. Or taking a curvy exit ramp at 125 mph because the car sticks so good.

Not necessarily in the same vehicle of course but you get the ideal.

Power is fun. It's a shame it's so darn expensive.

Well I am familiar, it really shouldn't come as a surprise...

Status
Not open for further replies.