Just Bought A 6.5HP HF Motor "HELP"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jasoninsane123

Insane Person
Reaction score
ok everone i just bought my kart today as a project for me and my brother well he just went to HF and bought the 6.5hp motor and the converter does dont line up at all its off by like a inch and i don't see anyway of making it line up would it hurt it being off a inch i think it will but would like info about it and the shaft on the motor is 2 1/4 "Please Help" :furious2:

P.S heres a pic with the old motor on it

Attachments

• CIMG0056.jpg
    CIMG0056.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 37

Doc Sprocket

Reaction score
Off by an inch- what- sideways? No, you definately don't want to run it that far out of alignment. Suppose you bolt the engine on, and hit us with 3 or 4 good pics from different angles.
You may have to adjust your jackshaft positioning, or engine mount.

Jasoninsane123

Insane Person
Reaction score
Off by an inch- what- sideways? No, you definately don't want to run it that far out of alignment. Suppose you bolt the engine on, and hit us with 3 or 4 good pics from different angles.
You may have to adjust your jackshaft positioning, or engine mount.

if i move the motor it will hit the chain

Blazkowiez

Kart Aficionado
Reaction score
Jason, on Yerf-Dog engines these had a spacer which was approx 3/4" wide by 3/4" bore, the shaft on these engines Yerf-Dog ordered had longer shafts to fully accommodate these torque converters. You'll need a 3/4" spacer to move the backplate out on the shaft, the back plate will go on fully and reveal only about 1/4" remaining on the shaft to put the hub/main section of your drive clutch on. That 1/4" is just fine for supporting the remainder of the section because unlike standard chain drive clutches, this hub is a solid piece, the only thing you'll need at this point is a longer 5/16 fine thread bolt large washer and lock washer to hold this together.

Jasoninsane123

Insane Person
Reaction score
Jason, on Yerf-Dog engines these had a spacer which was approx 3/4" wide by 3/4" bore, the shaft on these engines Yerf-Dog ordered had longer shafts to fully accommodate these torque converters. You'll need a 3/4" spacer to move the backplate out on the shaft, the back plate will go on fully and reveal only about 1/4" remaining on the shaft to put the hub/main section of your drive clutch on. That 1/4" is just fine for supporting the remainder of the section because unlike standard chain drive clutches, this hub is a solid piece, the only thing you'll need at this point is a longer 5/16 fine thread bolt large washer and lock washer to hold this together.

so its safe putting the hub/main on the motor shaft if only 1/4 of it is showing to put the rest of the driver on it i was just kinda scared of it breaking snice it was only 1/4 of it was on the motor shaft

Blazkowiez

Kart Aficionado
Reaction score
Considering it is this way on several thousand karts, because only Yerf-Dog ordered these longer shaft engines from what I can tell, you should be fine.

Jasoninsane123

Insane Person
Reaction score
Considering it is this way on several thousand karts, because only Yerf-Dog ordered these longer shaft engines from what I can tell, you should be fine.

alright thanks man you have been alot of help and answered all my questions im heading to my bros house right now to set it all up i will update you when its all done thanks

Jasoninsane123

Insane Person
Reaction score
got the kart running but when i give it gas it jerks really bad once its moving its fine just when its not....anyone got a answer for this problem o and a other thing the spring in the drive where alittle streched and once the the kart is running it moves alittle

Blazkowiez

Kart Aficionado
Reaction score
It is fairly common for karts with torque converters to creep a little bit when idling. As far as the jerking goes, that mainly means your clutch is not clean enough.

Jasoninsane123

Insane Person
Reaction score
It is fairly common for karts with torque converters to creep a little bit when idling. As far as the jerking goes, that mainly means your clutch is not clean enough.

well i tryed it before i hooked the throttle up to see if it will move it did fine but then i dropped the dang drive and had to put it back together feel like a dumbass i think it screwed one of the springs up and now its causing the shoe to open sooner then its suppose to i will still order the springs from you and clean the converter to see if it will fix the jerking

P.S i think its the springs causing it to open sooner and making it move when i start it "if im wrong please correct me":thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.