JerryAssburger's creations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerryburger

Admiral Annoy
Reaction score
THANKS, Russ! I was going to pick someone's brain on the carb- it's a HD86, and it does pump fuel from the "tank" (an oil bottle, in my case) but it squirts it out of what is supposed to be a plug, according to exploded diagrams
http://winderosa.com/Winderosa_Snow_Inst-tilltoson_hd.htm
On the diagram, (part #1) it's a plug. On my carb, it looks like a rubber-hose fitting, with a small hole in the end. When I started it, fuel comes shooting out of it. In the video, you can see me plugging it with my left hand, to keep from becoming a human bonfire. (Great for laughs- bad for karting).
I can't wait to try that Honda oil and plugs that belong in the motor- should really help. I was wondering if modern oils allowed "leaner" oil mixes, but erred heavilly on the safe-smokey side. *cough,cough!*
Thanks again!

Last edited:

Russ2251

AZUSA:Powered by LAWN-BOY
Reaction score
but it squirts it out of what is supposed to be a plug
I have that same plug on my Tillotson HL's and Loctite is used to keep it in place.
I can't see the reason for it's removal, BUT... I do have a theory.
May be a primer line. Similar to an outboard motor setup?
Just a theory.

Jerryburger

Admiral Annoy
Reaction score
I'll bet you're right! It doesn't need it, after about 3 seconds of running, it had sucked the gas through the line up to the carb. I'm going to try and empty it, block it off, and try to see if it sucks the gas as well. Mayme it's some sort of return line bak to the tank?... Either way, thanks for your help. Much appreciated.

Jerryburger

Admiral Annoy
Reaction score
Thanks- That poor bike started out with a ryobi weed whacker motor (not reliable) / then it had a car battery with a Cadillac blower motor (8mph totally silent!), then I had a few too many beers one night (i hardly ever drink) and I welded that shelf thing and the countershaft onto it. It originally had a B/S 3hp, and the rear derailer used to work... sort of. Sometimes, no matter how careful you were, it'd throw the chain. I've had it up to 38mph, which is a real thrill. I tried the 5hp on it, and although the acceleration was quicker, the motor literally shook too much at speed. I never did beat the 3hp's top speed. Right now, it sits without motor, but I'm thinking on putting my little Lifan 2.8hp motor on it- very small and light. The best thing about the bike was that even with the 5hp on it- it looks normal. Cops don't even give you a second look, and some even gave me a thumbs up, when I was doing 35-ish along side of him! My other karts? Pulled over in a heartbeat. I have a B/S 2 stroke worth about 4hp, but mounting a gas tank seems to be too big of a challenge. If I ever get it going again, I'll post vids.

Jerryburger

Admiral Annoy
Reaction score
Oh! Here's a newsflash! My wife (she's regretting it now) found a kart on CraigsList for $100! I figured it was just a frame, like my Manco, but it's all together! So I called figuring it was sold and I was the 1st caller. Can you say, "SCCCCOOOOoooooore!"

This is the CraigsList picture.

Jerryburger

Admiral Annoy
Reaction score
Thanks- my poor wife, Jeanna found this ...thing. I'm going through "Assessment Mode" with it right now.... I've got better engines to go on it. It needs new front wheel bearings and rear tires.... otherwise, I'm just going to throw another coat of yellow on it, and paint the wheels to match better.

Jerryburger

Admiral Annoy
Reaction score
THIS is the kart that's lying on it's side in the background. I bought it at night, and it looked much better in the dark. The enxt day, I realised that it was going to donate its good parts to a Better Project. What was I thinking?!?!

Jerryburger

Admiral Annoy
Reaction score
This thing is not mentioned, because this is not DoItYourselfATC forum, but I got it from a friend for $20 and all it took was a little clean-up and new tires. It looks nothing like a Honda ATC 185 is supposed to. This is a good friend riding it at one of our "KartFests".

risto

...watches you sleep.
Reaction score
THIS is the kart that's lying on it's side in the background. I bought it at night, and it looked much better in the dark. The enxt day, I realised that it was going to donate its good parts to a Better Project. What was I thinking?!?!

i like the HF engine in the box. perfect.

Jerryburger

Admiral Annoy
Reaction score
Yup! That was all the closer I came to putting that engine on the kart... literally! (It ended up on the lowrider instead....!) And what, you ask, came of my trusty B/S 5hp oil-burner that served on the lowrider and bicycle? Even though it's among the Walking Dead of my collection, I found one more thing to do with it......

That's right... a prop for stupid pictures! (A gas powered blender, in this case!)

Status
Not open for further replies.