its the new guy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshpepper

New member
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Location
Fort Worth
Hey yall, just setup my account here and thought Id introduce myself here. My name is Josh Pepper and I recently moved from Western Texas to Fort Worth to take a job offer with GoPowerSports in Keller, Texas. Over the past several months I, with the help of many others, have gotten GoPowerSports into the racing and performance markets as well. We strive to provide the best parts, best customer service, and support the karting community. I plan to roam this forum from time to time utilizing my 10 plus years experience to provide competent help to the karting community whether it be off road/recreational or racing/performance situations Ill either answer your question or point you to someone who can. Looking forward to making friends and hopefully learning more cool stuff.
 

KartFab

Active member
Messages
3,381
Reaction score
59
Location
Dallas, TX
Welcome!

Where are some good race tracks around the DFW area? I got an oval kart and a box stock engine w/PVL flywheel, high flow intake, fuel pump, and the weenie pipe. I don't want to do anything serious to the engine, and want to take my son out to a track to putt around. Do any of these tracks have a time to just drive random karts on it?
 

joshpepper

New member
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Location
Fort Worth
Kam Kartway in Rhome is a great place for controlled recreational riding. Mike and Kelly Engstrom own the place and race on Saturday nights I believe. Check their website for a complete schedule but to come out and ride before the races, during intermission, and after the races are completed shouldn't be an issue at all as long as you pay the gate fee to cover your track insurance. This is an approximate 1/8 mile oval dirt track. As far as asphalt road courses, the only one Im aware of would be the Dallas Karting Complex and Im sure you're aware of that. I wanna say there is also a club in Denton called North Texas Karting (NTK?) that runs asphalt road course. Make sure you are in compliance with any safety rules these tracks have and you will be just fine.
 

Poboy kartman

Senior Moments Member
Messages
12,461
Reaction score
70
Location
White Settlement Texas
Welcome to the forum Josh!

BTW: Tell Bob if he doesn't visit here a little more often than just to post up new products....I'm gonna drive to Keller and slap him!

(or maybe I'll just send Grant....he's bigger than me and closer!)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top