it's not a mini-bike, but it has a small engine & two wheels...

Status
Not open for further replies.

augidog

Reaction score
hello, everyone. if you'd rather not discuss my particular interest here, i'll understand, but i could use some experienced torque-converter advice if anyone cares to help me out.

i've been using forums for years...i created and ran a very popular one about motorized bicycles, i've since retired from that (thankless) chore...and i thoroughly believe in using real-life manners online. so i read your operations area, and other pertinant info before joining. for the mod's here: we used Vb, and were able to force new arrivals to post in "introduce yourself" before they could get onto the rest of the board. that might be something to look into. anyways...

i'm here because you were first in a simple search for a go kart forum with info about torque converters. and you're ad-free, i like that.

i travel on my motor-assisted bicycle, i mean really travel...see my ad-free personal site for more about that if you're interested...and i need more than even the best assist kit will give me. i've decided i can make use of a torque-converter, not for more top-end but for a tree-climbing low-end, and i've got a lot of it figured out.

but i need details that i can't get from sellers, and so far haven't found by searching forums as a guest.

i'm attaching a pic of the bike, and raw "sketch" of my idea, to see if anyone's interested in helping me out...the engine's a 2-stroke Tanaka 47R making 2.8HP & 11,000RPM, it will remain behind the seat. the converter is the GTC TAV2 30-75, it will be under the seat.

if i get a positive response to my introduction, i'll go find the right topic (or start a new one if it's ok with the group) in the mini-bike forum, and ask my questions.

like i said, if y'all would rather not go off-topic, i'll understand.

thanks for checking out my intro.

Attachments

• Photo06210839.jpg
    Photo06210839.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 31
  • TC_Drive_Concept.jpg
    TC_Drive_Concept.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

Bluethunder3320

Reaction score
welcome to the forums!

here you can post about pretty much anything that has an engine and wheels. it doesnt matter! its NOT off-topic. and if it has nothing to do with vehicles with engines or wheels, post it in the "off topic" section.

this is a great forum and ive learned alot over the past year. ask away!

B man

Tecumseh FTW!
Reaction score
Welcome. as regards to you sketch. Looks like and ok set up. but thats not going to be a very compact setup. what is your planned gear ratio?

augidog

Reaction score
thanks for the welcome & encouragement...to avoid getting technically involved in the wrong area, i'm gonna grab a coupla brews and start a new topic in the mini-bike section, hopefully i'll cya there.

augidog

Reaction score
cool beans...i'm not in a big hurry, i can only afford to do this once so it has to be right.

i'll be buying the converter next week, then i'll have a better feel for the rest of the parts i need.

again, thanks for the welcome...and i sure hope some kind soul takes pity on this t/c dummy.

augidog

Reaction score
well, folks...i sure had myself a great weekend, and yes i did learn what i needed, and i enjoyed taking part in the great Torque Converter hunt. sheesh, they were there all along i guess.

from what i learned this weekend, i'd say that the new Comet needs & deserves a brisk resurgence. please consider waiting an extra paycheck to buy the genuine article. yup, i'm a patriot.

seriously, i came in here all excited about taking some t/c classes...and now i'm all excited because it came together for me, i pretty much can envision the entire drivetrain now, but we're talking about a few paychecks before i have it all.

the converter's gonna be bought immediately, ubetcha, it'll be like a "point of know return."

i have a little personal site and i keep a small MB forum for a few friends, and that's about all i do online...but count on some updates in my thread here when they happen. i appreciate you guys who were hanging out this weekend, and pitched in, or otherwise got your hands dirty...gears & beers is always fun, and i really like the stuff y'all are into and the level to which it can be taken.

thanks for giving up some space on the bench...i'm subscribed if anyone wants to hit me up about anything, otherwise cya 'round when i got something to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.