Is this a good deal??

Status
Not open for further replies.

socalrunner

New member
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Me and my buddy want to buy some offroad go carts to have some fun it. I found this and thought it might be a good deal. It has a 250r 2stroke motor. Rollcage needs to be rewelded on and gastank needs to be mounted. He wants 400 for it.

 

bighead

New member
Messages
4,022
Reaction score
54
Location
Pacific Northwest USA
That is an Honda FL250 Odyssey. That is a VERY good deal. They are 250cc motors. But not a 250r motor. That is a very nice well made cage. I bet there is other mods hiding as well. Can you post a pic of the back? It looks like it has an aftermarket DG exuast pipe. This should already be in your garage. Also the only reason to pull the tank is to work on or pull the drivin clutch. Look that over good. You need to pull the tank to get to the clutch. Also where the roll bar meets the frame. It looks like the front J-Arm could hit it? Those are the only red flags I see.This is what your buggy looked like when new. Even with no motor $300 would be a great deal.



You need to know anything about the Odyssey let me know. Here are a few of mine. You can beat the hell out of an Ody and they keep going. It's a HONDA. Oh yah parts are dirt cheap and plenty of them on ebay.
 

Attachments

  • 3k93ma3lb5X55R65S1aam37f6a85720991b3c.jpg
    3k93ma3lb5X55R65S1aam37f6a85720991b3c.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 10
  • 3nb3k73lb5Y15V35W3aam49d271841e94123b.jpg
    3nb3k73lb5Y15V35W3aam49d271841e94123b.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 7
  • CIMG0330.jpg
    CIMG0330.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 5
  • CIMG0400.jpg
    CIMG0400.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 6
  • CIMG1222.jpg
    CIMG1222.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 3

socalrunner

New member
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Ok I'm going to go look at it tomorrow. Also is it 2stroke. He said it was. Anyways can the suspension be upgraded?
 

bighead

New member
Messages
4,022
Reaction score
54
Location
Pacific Northwest USA
Ok I'm going to go look at it tomorrow. Also is it 2stroke. He said it was. Anyways can the suspension be upgraded?

Yes the suspension can be added to the rear pretty easy. Search on Youtube for FL250 Odyssey with suspension. Lots of hits.

It could have a 250r Head on the engine. An 1972 and 73 250r head is a derect bolt on mod. This is a very common upgrade. The dirtbike head has taller fins which helps with cooling a lot. Not mention more power.

Here are some suspension pics that I had saved on my PC. Also there is a chance that your buggy has an tripple EEE cage. They made cages for the Odyssey back in the day. If it is a EEE then the value is even better. Search Tripple EEE Racing or Tripple E Racing. Like the red ODY below. which looks alomost like yours.

I love the Odyssey, You can mosh them all day long. The rear tires you have a nice tires. When you wear them out buy the Baloon style tires. (old thre wheeler style)The big fat tires give you some suspension.

Also post a pic of the rear end and motor. I can tell you what you have. The original builder took some time with that cage. I bet he dumped some money into the engine.

Yes both the Odyssey and the 250r are two strokes. If he is telling you it is a 250r engine. Then it probably has the 73 250r head. You can tell if it is the original head or a 250r head. The original Odyssey head has short cooling fins on one side of the head. The 250r head has tall fins on both sides. Honda used the head off a ATC Three wheeler for the Ody. On one side of the head the fins are cut low to make room for the three wheeler pipe. The 73 250r head has tall fins for the original pipe went out the bottom of the bike. Being that the motor is right behind the seat the tall fines do help. You will see a lot of Ody with water cooled head mods. The reason being the engine is right behind the seat. That being said I see 100% stock Ody's still running good and being 30 years old. Like I said it's a Honda

I would tell your friend to buy an Ody as well. If one of you have a Yerfdog and the other an Ody? Well you know what I am saying. You can find deals on the Ody all the time. More so in your area of Cali. These should pop up weekly I would think. You are in the best market in the world when it come to sand toys.
 

Attachments

  • photo-1.jpg
    photo-1.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 5
  • odyssey1.jpg
    odyssey1.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 10
  • 250swin3.jpg
    250swin3.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 9
  • 148.jpg
    148.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 6
  • 141.jpg
    141.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 6
  • photo-8.jpg
    photo-8.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 5
  • photo-9.jpg
    photo-9.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 5
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top