• OFF TOPIC fun forum - NO politics - NO religion - NO jerks. It's not complicated. Thanks!

Is it just me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nosandwich

The REAL Poboy
Reaction score
Nowadays, everything has to be idiot proof, at the expense of functionality. Heating pads don't get hot,and shut off after 2 hrs.

Anything you buy tells you 10x more what NOT TO DO than how to use it. And most of the "dont's " are what I bought it for in the first place!!!!

More later.....

Whitetrashrocker

Inmate #952016
Reaction score
Yup. common sense died long ago. The safety police have taken over.

---------- Post added at 07:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:29 AM ----------

I bought a jar of peanuts. It had a warning on the label.
Allergy danger, may contain peanuts!

I hope those are peanuts I bought. Wouldn't want some soy substitute there.

mckutzy

Reaction score
Yup. common sense died long ago. The safety police have taken over.

---------- Post added at 07:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:29 AM ----------

I bought a jar of peanuts. It had a warning on the label.
Allergy danger, may contain peanuts!

I hope those are peanuts I bought. Wouldn't want some soy substitute there.

And if there was a soy substitute as present.... It would also have a warning label aswell....

Nosandwich

The REAL Poboy
Reaction score
There was a guy, asked a guy sitting in a lounge chair poolside how the water was. The guy answered:"lukewarm".

So the guy jumps in, he comes right back..
.WTF? SOB! That was cold as %$&!.

Guy in the recliner says: "Vell, it look warm from here."

mckutzy

Reaction score
And why should there be warnings on coffee cups saying that the contents may be hot???? Are you that dense not to realize that your coffee might be hot?

Aparently, it does take a cup of hot coffee to the junk to really figure out that the contents are indeed hot... Of course Prior to the aforementioned now required labelling....

Kartorbust

Reaction score
I always joke about labels that say "Warning, this product contains a chemical known to the state of California to cause cancer". I guess the other 49 states are safe then lol.

Kartorbust

Reaction score
They used to say that about Asbestos.... The town of Asbestos, Quebec... That is...
I think they made a joke bout that on the Red Green show, think they called it Port Asbestos on there.

A lot of these are just cover your rear labels to prevent lawsuits. I mean a lot of it is stupid because at work places you need to have a label for an elevated difference like on stairs. If people got off their dang phones and paid attention maybe they would not have fallen on the stairs.

Status
Not open for further replies.