• OFF TOPIC fun forum - NO politics - NO religion - NO jerks. It's not complicated. Thanks!

IOS anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

itsid

Staff member
Reaction score
AS I always said.. and always will repeat...

NEVER UPDATE A RUNNING SYSTEM!

my older ios is not affected by the telegu character bug
(some samsung p155head sent it to me via whatsapp a yesterday...
didn't even knew what he's asking until I read about it in the news a few hours ago)

So yeah.. and as a word of warning:
if you post it here (or somewhere in your profile)
you WILL BE BANNED!

People actually rely on their phones these days, and we don't want them to crash their phone on our website.

'sid

David Ham

Reaction score
Sorry.. it don't think it infects your phone or anything it just cant load it and crashes.. but yeah

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

itsid

Staff member
Reaction score
mine's safe, thank you (only ios 11.2.5 affected by that) [i'm running ios 9.0.5 as it came OOTB]

And no once that malformed command's got executed the phone resprings [quickboots] constantly until it's shut down [softreset] and in case of a cached webpage in safari or malformed message it'll happen again the next time you try to use the browser or messenger.
(at least that's what I understood from that 'newsflash')

So yeah, phone without messenger/browser... not too smart anymore;)

IDK, I don't understand why people are updating their flawlessly running operating system
or software at all.
BUt I'm the only one nowadays.
fixing a bug would be nice, but fixing one and adding six new ones is just crap..

and all (samsung and apple) both admitted already they slow down older devices with OS updates in order to sell more new ones.
Why would I want to slow down my devices?

*shrugs* this amazes me day after day..

'sid

Status
Not open for further replies.