Indentification

Status
Not open for further replies.

murphree11

Reaction score
I have this frame and would like to start putting it back in working order. Can anyone help me identify what it is and give me some direction on how/where to select the proper parts. I've searched the Google for eons looking at all the fancy racing karts and vintage models and haven't turned up any clues as to what kind of frame it is.

I'm sure it needs a clutch, rear brake, cables, wheels and tires and a seat. [/I]I do have a replacement engine (Harbor Freight) for what I think is a Tecumseh engine with what looks like a muffler/pipe welded to the engine and the frame.

Just looking to rebuild it to a first time rider state. Obviously don't know anything about types of go karts and don't really want to just start buying random parts that I think would work.

Any help would be very much appreciated!

Attachments

• 2014-10-13 14.28.33.jpg
    2014-10-13 14.28.33.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 46

Half-breeder

"Edit" button removed
Reaction score
A. plz fill out your profile.
B. post more pics for a better ID.
C. welcome.

Looks like a dingo... but more pics are needed to be forsure.

itsid

Staff member
Reaction score
I'd say it's a Bird engineering
looks like at least very much related to the 41655 model (although that had an engine cage, see below)

oh here's another one

'sid

firemanjim

Just kartin' around....
Reaction score
The op's has the engine cage. You just can't see it. I see part of it...
EDIT it HAD the cage..... You nailed it...... As usual......

murphree11

Reaction score
Folks! First, thanks for answering! Second, sorry for the delayed response. My spam filter caught the notice so I didn't get it. Third, I'd say itsid is correct. Those photos look very close to what I have and it looks as if the engine cage on mine has been removed. Here are some more photos:
2014-11-01 13.27.58.jpg

2014-11-01 13.28.15.jpg

2014-11-01 13.28.32.jpg

murphree11

Reaction score
Front left wheel moves freely and is about 1/4" off the ground. I'm guessing this means a bent axel?
Picture5.jpg

Any recommendations on where to purchase replacement parts would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

OzFab

Reaction score
A dual rail frame is not easy to twist but, not impossible either; looking at pic 2, something is bent...

Here's the confusing part though, still looking at pic 2, the right front wheel appears to have more camber than the left front wheel but, it's the left wheel that's too high... :huh:

What you need to do is find a dead flat, level surface & examine the whole frame closely...

Status
Not open for further replies.