I'm stuck... and so is my crank!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mindymogul

Mistress of Destruction
Messages
420
Reaction score
22
Location
Land of Camo and Fireball
So something is happening that I can't really figure out and it's honestly getting to me. I have this old stock 212 that I just re-gasketed. Put everything back together, let it run for about 5mins and POP! The ceramic core for the park plug goes flying out with the wire cap and engine turns to a stop. Replaced the plug, and go to pull it over and it's acting like it's hyrdolocking on the compression stroke, but it's not. I drained ALL fluids bone dry, turn it over and it does the same thing. All gaps, adjustments, and torque specs are to spec. It turns fine without the plug, turns fine in reverse, and has about 110psi but it has seems like it has ZERO vacuum on the downstroke. I genuinely can't figure it out.
 

itsid

Moderator
Staff member
Messages
11,563
Reaction score
252
Location
Ruhrpott [Germany]
well the ceramic core goes ALL the way through the threaded part of a spark plug..
if it cracked you better check that no ever so slightly part is still in the combustion chamber.

ceramic is hard.. it'll scratch your cylinderwall, lock a valve open, fully lock a piston..
you name the mayhem ... I bet it can do that ;)

Anywhoo, you double checked the cam alignement?

'sid

PS IF everything WAS alright, you would have no problem.. so don't assume it is ;)
 

mindymogul

Mistress of Destruction
Messages
420
Reaction score
22
Location
Land of Camo and Fireball
Never seen a valve rocker shear the pivot pin. So exhaust valve was stuck closed even though it looked like it was moving. Quick swapout and shes running purdy again. Thread can be closed.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top