Im curois about a hemi

Rat

Reaction score
So a guy gave me a really good deal on some expensive parts since I'm a kid and he wants to help me out for 150 he gave a hemi rod

pvl flywheel
get a Dover Coil and set your air gap to 040 (PVL has a stronger magnet than a stock flywheel, and the majority don't realize that a stock coil has resistors in it that causes ignition cut out anywhere from 4300-5k rpm...which the governor has to be gone to even hit (Unless you've got a Ducar 212 like I do 😁)
28/25mm hemi racing head
define racing head. Is it a Hemi racing head because he said so? Not to bust your bubble but 28/25 is stock Hemi Valve seat for a Predator 212. Especially a first gen which uses standard Non Hemi valve springs or hemi springs universally without needing the seats ground out to accept them.
stainless valves
Also stock valves. Hardened stainless is nothing fancy. If they were Chromoly or titanium... different story entirely.
a 310 cam
awful lot of cam for a kid with wrenches and barely a clue... you're gonna get your wrist busted or worse when it decides to yank you for trying to start it.
air filter adapter
😴
and some valve springs
what poundage? I bet he didn't say and with everything else I bet their stock 10.8lb
You're going to need no less than 18lb but preferably 22lb with split keeper spring retainers if you want to avoid floating the valves until you drop one and end up punching through the block.

I'm curois what a build like that would hit rpm and horsepower wise?
Depends on a lot more than a box of stock parts you were lied to about.

My Husqvarna 208 is a sleeper running right around 10hp, 12ftlbs of torque and has no issue spinning past 6500 still accelerating.

My Ducar 212 is scary enough that I won't push it as hard as I know it will go. I've tripped the governor only once and it's been let out to around 5800... it's as stock as the day Dynocams built it (as stock as a factory race built engine can be)

Rat

Reaction score
Got the PWK28 and Dover Coil for the 301... figured I should share what GENUINE looks like1000002179.jpg1000002180.jpg