• OFF TOPIC fun forum - NO politics - NO religion - NO jerks. It's not complicated. Thanks!

I'm back.

Hellion

Disc brakes are for cowards
Reaction score
So I know nothing about these Chinese engines. Any body wanna chime in with some experience?

You might be the trailblazer in that regard, although I'm sure by now that the interwebz denizens know all about these engines. All I can tell you is that it looks like a dead ringer for an early 1980s Honda XL or XR (ATC too) engine, albeit with added electric start. The Chinese cloned nearly everything from Honda after the "patents expired" (or before).

Any concerns with cooling having it situated right behind the seat? Maybe you can get by with some creative ducting or air scoops/diverters.

Whitetrashrocker

Inmate #952016
Reaction score
Denny that's just a thought. I would add in some vertical triangulation bars close to the shocks. Some cross bars over the toes too.
I was just looking at overall shape. I've been watching too many crosskart vids.

Hellion

Disc brakes are for cowards
Reaction score
Engine looks fine in regards to decent airflow (per post #23). It's raised up higher than I envisaged and the seatback is rather narrow too. The only real concerns I've heard are with the similarly configured Odyssey FL250 where the engine is quite literally buried behind the rather large, full width seat and encased left and right by the rear fenders. You can't see the engine unless you're looking right down on it.

I like it, it's very Mad Max. You could paint it white to match the seat. 💮

Whitetrashrocker

Inmate #952016
Reaction score
A little update for you guys.
Got some go faster gears. Engine came with a 15 tooth. 40 on the axle is as small as I could get. 20240208_145100.jpgI got a 16 and a 17 tooth. Thought I'd have an issue with the 17 and clearing the case.20240208_144949.jpg
Moved the engine a little and reset the tensioner. Close but no rubbing.
With the 15 tooth I was always in 3rd and 4th.
The 16 brought it down a little but I felt it was always in-between gears.
Put the 17 on and now it acts like it should. 2nd and 3rd are mostly used. 4th is crazy fast and the sloppy front end doesn't want to hold the road. I got to about 45mph and I felt like it was gonna swap ends on me and I'd end up in a mesquite bush. (Thorns for you city folk).
This things a blast.
Had to get a seat. Gone are the boat cushions. Sorry hellion I knew you were fond of them.
20240222_173716.jpg
And like always. I added the seat and then had to move the shift lever. Ran out of gas in the welder. Bad weld let go and this was awkward.
20240225_173500.jpg
I plan on moving the gas tank from over head on the roll bar to the floor pan under my knees.
I know nothing on the pulse pumps and could use some splanin'. Do these work better sucking or blowing? I mean will it pull fuel up from the tank if I mount the pump high? Or does it have decent head pressure if I mount it low.
Love the tube they sent with it. Turds.
20240229_184013.jpg
I'll up load some laps around the house for you here soon and put a link.

Reaction score
“I got to about 45mph and I felt like it was gonna swap ends on me and I'd end up in a mesquite bush. (Thorns for you city folk).”

I don’t know what you’re talking about. I did 43mph on this. IMG_1604.jpegIt was on random streets in the city. Then I hit a bump and the whole thing lifted off the ground probably about 6in off the ground. I thought I was going to die that day.

I was also wondering if you still have that atv frame avalible and where are you located?

Functional Artist

Reaction score