• OFF TOPIC fun forum - NO politics - NO religion - NO jerks. It's not complicated. Thanks!

Ignorant people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Routy

Reaction score
how is it hurting the land? its using the land that is not being used or cannot be used. thats stupid you notice the video shows pictures of people riding in the desert than it shows pics of trees and a river, who is going to ride through a bunch of trees and a river.

redsox985

Reaction score
Hahaha ya. It is very true devino. That is just a bunch of crappy propaganda of some tree hugger who hasn't experienced fun, like a 2 stroke.

Bluethunder3320

Reaction score
i was watching all the pictures and before i turned my sound on i thought the vid was about how awesome riding there is.

devino246

Official DIYGK Chem Nerd
Reaction score
Hahaha ya. It is very true devino. That is just a bunch of crappy propaganda of some tree hugger who hasn't experienced fun, like a 2 stroke.

“Nothing in the world is more dangerous than a sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.” -Martin Luther King, Jr.

r_chez_08

Should be in the shop...
Reaction score
tbh if its your land, i think you should be able to do whatever the **** you want to (within reason) with it.
their called thrillcrafts for a reason. cos theyre fun :/.
ignorant website said:
"A pair of hiking boots is all that is required to access our public lands. Compared to the cost of a snowmobile or an ATV which can run into the thousands of dollars, not to mention the big trucks and trailers to haul them, hiking shoes, snowshoes or skis are a relatively inexpensive cost of admission."
in my opinion, hiking is relitavely dull compared to using a vehicle.

dave1701

Good for 100,000 Miles
Reaction score
I don't want to be political, but you know who sides with this......

Notice all the "evil" people in the pictures are fat, ugly people.

This is what really pissed me off:

No one has a “right” to use anything. We all have responsibilities and earn the right to use public resources.

I have no right to try to accually take advatage of some of my tax dollars?
in my opinion, hiking is relitavely dull compared to using a vehicle.

I like hiking. I do it all the time. I might not want people to be zooming by me on a peaceful quiet hiking trail. That's also why we have orv trails. Fortunately, there is sooooo much state land, that isn't a problem.

And how dare they talk about snowmobiles. They don't do a **** thing to the ground they ride over.

Is it just me or do teachers try to teach this crap to students.

Doc Sprocket

Reaction score
In a nutshell, no matter where you go, no matter what you do, somebody will be against it. Somebody is against everything. For example, some women are against breastfeeding! Can you believe it? What could be more natural than that? Whatinhell do you think you have those ta-ta's for, anyway? Decoration?
...Well, maybe...:D
Me? I'm against morons who have nothing better do do than kick up s**t about stupid things.
...And, um- "Religious Extremists" that have nothing better to do than blow up innocent people in the name of "God" (Or whatever they call him).

Bluethunder3320

Reaction score
you guy should think about how much energy their website is wasting..... all of wich burned coal to get it.....

their website isnt eco friendly.

redsox985

Reaction score
hahaha. I like it blue. They really are crazy. I'd like to see what car that guy (the contact us guy) drives. This is just ridiculous. Say what you want but the people who own quads, go karts, etc "thrillcraft" aren't going to give it up because they wouldn't invest the time, effort, and money if they were that concerned about the ill effects of their fun. I, for one, don't give 2 $#!+$. And blue, your first comment, is great. I really do look at those pictures saying, "Wow, I wish I had that sandrail and the ability to ride there! Look at that place, those dunes, it looks like so much 'thrilling' fun!"

r97

Measure twice cut once
Reaction score
they mentioned that snowmobiles produce 93 decibels, a lawn mower is louder than that. engines emitting co1, the oil being burned, and the land built over with a power plant to provide the energy and the computer to run the site, and since when were 2 strokes more efficient than 4 strokes?

EDIT: i think my local police recently bought atv's, and the environmental police drive there huge suvs in the woods.

Flexibel_kampfe

Hopeful for building kart
Reaction score
This pissed me off... And I havent even started to ride yet...

Maybe I'll have a friend hack 'em tommorrow... gay pride anyone? *Devil horns pop out*

redsox985

Reaction score
and since when were 2 strokes more efficient than 4 strokes?

I don't think they ever we're more eco friendly because they burn their lube as compared to splashing it up and reusing it. They don't burn as clean cause they burn oil as indicated by the big plumes of smoke.

r97

Measure twice cut once
Reaction score
exactly my point, they mentioned some where about "thrill craft" enthusiast preferring 2 strokes (over 4)because they are more efficient???????? did i read something wrong?

Routy

Reaction score
i believe in mother earth, but it still pissed me off! people like that dont know where to draw a line, and are usually very hypocriticle. Snowmobiles hurt nothing, and riding anything in the dunes does not hurt anything either. And how come hybrid cars still get low miles to the gallon. i think i herd my dad say a volkswagon car with a diesal engine gets like 60 mpg which is better than any hybrid i have ever hurd of.

devino246

Official DIYGK Chem Nerd
Reaction score
i believe in mother earth, but it still pissed me off! people like that dont know where to draw a line, and are usually very hypocriticle. Snowmobiles hurt nothing, and riding anything in the dunes does not hurt anything either. And how come hybrid cars still get low miles to the gallon. i think i herd my dad say a volkswagon car with a diesal engine gets like 60 mpg which is better than any hybrid i have ever hurd of.

Yep. We could easily have regular cars that get 60mpg, without any batteries or generators. But of course, that will never happen... at least not in the US. Its all in the marketing. 'Going green' is just a way to get hippies to buy stuff. Yes, sure, I dont think we should be pouring black smoke into the air; that cant possibly be good for us or the planet. But im really not sold on the whole, "CO2 global warming thing". Its become more of a selling tool than anything else. "Buy a new washing machine and dryer and save the planet!!!" I agree 100% with toystory, what ever you do, there will always be someone that has a problem with it. PETA would be a good example. Id like to know how many of those "donations" actually go to helping animals.

Status
Not open for further replies.