if you guys ever considered using the 44c comet clutch!

Status
Not open for further replies.

amcjavelin

amcjavelin
Reaction score
almost done with my bad dog big wheel kit and have had to really fabricate stuff because running 16hp has some severe torque as i've learned but, that 44c comet drive clutch works beautifully very smooth engaugement no squeeling what so ever and if your a heavy person no worries very heavy duty, now just got to engineer my jackshaft from flexing around so i can keep my chain on it

redsox985

Reaction score
Quite a few here have used them with great success. Your problems may be caused by too low of gearing. What exactly is your issue?

amcjavelin

amcjavelin
Reaction score
well due to my weight we noticed that when i sit on the bike the upper half of the frame flexed downward which would from there loosen up just enough to throw off the chain then after we figuired that out we cut a pice of angle iron welded it to the frame then cut 2 pieces of 1/2" round bar made 2 slits to support the the hangin flanges and welded them in and after that major improvement, but we noticed after there's now a bad jackshaft bearing so got to change that out so were slowly gaining on the problem, the rods we put in stiffened the the frame up good

Doc Sprocket

Reaction score
I used a Comet 40 setup for several years. Very heavy kart, retarded abuse. Never, ever a hiccup with the Comet. Hills, burnouts, donuts, pulling stuff, rain, snow, mud, dirt- Took it all and begged for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.