Idle jumps up and down(surging)

Rejizz670

New member
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
What’s up fellow karters!!! I have a Honda gc160 that I managed to revive after collecting dust maybe around almost 10 years. I wanted to opt for another engine but my problem is that I live in a small island and sites like Harbor Freight, Amazon, EBay, Walmart & etc wont ship here. So I have no choice but to make this engine work on my little project I wanted to build. The engine was from a pressure washer. I changed up the carb, air filter, spark plug, and added an exhaust. The engine turns over but the idle just jumps up and down. I already adjusted the governor following the steps on Steve’s small engine saloon on YouTube. Still, the idle just won’t work with me. I attached a photo of my ongoing project. Any help or feedback is greatly appreciated.
 

Attachments

  • 40947DEA-7F61-41EA-BC18-4DE3A4E7E569.jpeg
    40947DEA-7F61-41EA-BC18-4DE3A4E7E569.jpeg
    4.4 MB · Views: 5

FlyFrog

Active member
Messages
467
Reaction score
134
Location
Kankakee Illinois
is the carb you put on rated for that cc/hp of that engine? what engine is the carb from? do you have a return spring on the throttle cable to hold the throttle plate from moving?
 

madprofessor

"Loose Cannon Creations"
Messages
2,899
Reaction score
968
Location
Jacksonville, Florida
do you have a return spring on the throttle cable to hold the throttle plate from moving?
Not just that, do you have a return spring on both the engine for the actual engine throttle, and on the gas pedal at the other end? Cables are only completely suitable for pulling, they bind up when trying to push them. You need to pull from both ends.
 

Rejizz670

New member
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
is the carb you put on rated for that cc/hp of that engine? what engine is the carb from? do you have a return spring on the throttle cable to hold the throttle plate from moving?
I got the carb on ebay, when I installed it, it only takes 2 pulls for it to start. Works fine
 

Attachments

  • 1505AEDC-3B5F-4941-9B3A-DB5F4DC634EB.png
    1505AEDC-3B5F-4941-9B3A-DB5F4DC634EB.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 2

Rejizz670

New member
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
It doesn’t have a Trottle plate, just a kill switch. It has both springs on the butterfly and the governor. I think I managed to lower the rpm on idle. I think I managed to lower the rpm on idle. Trying to post a video of it, but I don’t know how to post it on here.
 

Attachments

  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 4
Top