I this engine ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ubersoldat

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm planing to start my go kart and I'm found this engine. The dealer says it's made in Austria. It is 7.5 hp an powered only by gasoline. The price is 200$. Maybe you'll be able to tell if it's worth it or not.

Attachments

• IMG_0415.JPG
    IMG_0415.JPG
    81.9 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0414.JPG
    IMG_0414.JPG
    98 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0416.JPG
    IMG_0416.JPG
    92 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0417.JPG
    IMG_0417.JPG
    79.5 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0418.JPG
    IMG_0418.JPG
    64.9 KB · Views: 8

brendonv

Reaction score
U can buy honda clones which that is off ebay for like 120 shipped. Go on ebay and search 6.5 engine or 6.5hp engine or 6.5 motor or 6.5hp motor to get the most searches. Its most likely 6.5hp, never seen 7.5hp before. But yer there all the same engine, 200 is a bit pricey.

anderkart

Reaction score
Sure looks like a Honda clone. I've heard rumors that some clone engine manufacturers label their engines with false h/p ratings to help avoid lawsuits from Honda, but with that one painted red it doesn't seem like their very worried about that.

If your dealer has the bore and stroke info for this 7.5 model, we could compare that to one of the 6.5 h/p clone engines avalible in the USA.

Your probably going to be a better judge of whats a good price in Lithuania. Are there any lower priced brands/colors of clone engines avalible in your country? I'd imagine having an engine shipped in from another country would be very expensive, so that might just be a really good deal were you live.

ubersoldat

Reaction score
Well it's the first time I see this engine in Lithuaniain 2 years, because their quite rare my only opition was to buy a water pump whose price was the same as this one's.

It's quite cheap I think because I have nothing to compare to in LT. Shipping would be quite problematic.

vandancouver

Reaction score
why would shipping be hard? people ship stuff all over the world. but get it then if you want it.

Status
Not open for further replies.