i think me a lil bro are gonna build this

Status
Not open for further replies.

modelengineer

Lord of the noise
Reaction score
It looks as though it was designed to do about 7 mph, MAX. It has a 20:1 reduction ratio for climbing hills, and it has a tiller steering arrangement (that's bad).

If that's what you want then by all means build it, but taking this thing above 10 mph looks exceedingly dangerous and scary.

Surely there are some better free designs on the net which would yield a more exciting and safe kart.

sayre315

Rupp enduro
Reaction score
well im gonna build it with a roll cage, probebly a ratio to go around 15mph and for the tiller steering, im going to replace the tiller steering for bicycle handle bars that are extendend on the driver side witha single tie rod connecting the wheel to the handle bars
also its gonna be built out of pipe because i have a pipe bender and its cheaper/stronger

i would love any sujestions on this

Last edited:

THE_SHRUB

Fantasmatissist
Reaction score
Honestly, That thing is not designed to go any faster than 10 mph. First its simply and enormous trike. 2nd, it looks rediculously cumbersome and akward. It would be easier to and the extra wheel, and invest a bit more time into doing your own design. The design you have is for slowww but consistant moving. useless for any level surface or similar application.

go kart mozart

Reaction score
I personally would go for it. I would make one small change however by raking out the front end a bit to lessen the steering response. It will ride more like a trike and less like a fork lift. The steering will be way more gradual.

That should help the stability isue alot. ull get alot more out of it. id also consider finding forks off a mountain bike with shock absorbers just for fun and using that for the front end of course with handle bars and not a tiller like u sed.

Status
Not open for further replies.