I ordered a doodlebug

Status
Not open for further replies.

02mx-5

Reaction score
I was suppsoed to egt a baja/warrior for 300 bucks used. the people havent called back and im impatient. I ordered a doodlebug online for 300 bucks with free shipping, brand new. Has anyone modified the forks and made suspension on the front? What are the options fr adding suspension upfront? Also, what parts of the bike are prone to breaking? What do i have to look forward to with my new doodlebug? I will have it in a week or less

Compnerd88

Mr. Build-Sum-Sh!t
Reaction score
You should have just ordered a Moose.......$50 more and has suspension:

Patience will get you everywhere

-Logan

02mx-5

Reaction score
OHHH NOOO. Its ok. I cant believe iv never come across that. Ive been lookin around for a LONGG time. Maybe i can get the forks from that and sway em over?

Compnerd88

Mr. Build-Sum-Sh!t
Reaction score
I'll try and find the link to the one I saw for $350.....also I'm not sure but if you could find a set of forks they should work

-Logan

02mx-5

Reaction score
Ahh ha. I got my bike for $299, delivered. The site i got it from has free shipping on EVERYTHING. So if i had the extra cash i would have got that bike, but i would have to shell out about 100 for shipping. That brings the total closer to 450. Im still interested in the forks however. Thanks for sending these links.

02mx-5

Reaction score
WWHATTT!? I didnt get a shipping quote from that site, i just guessed based on everyother quote. The place i ordered from is in california and its free shipping. what a good deal. Maybe your closer to the store then me so you got lucky.

mike75925

thinker and tinkerer
Reaction score
you could go to the junkyards and find a small dirt bike, get the front and rear shocks for like 20cents a pound. i wouldn't get a set from a bike over say 125cc. otherwise they'd be pretty long. be aware that you may have to mod your frame to fit the triple clamps. some of the jeep bicycles have the forks with built in shocks, and disc brakes, mechaical or hydraulic

freakboy

the names 'mater
Reaction score
here you go its rought but i did it in 30 seconds lol

Attachments

• SSPX0990.jpg
    SSPX0990.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 13

02mx-5

Reaction score
That looks pretty simple. The bushings would have to be pretty stiff right? Or they odside diameter of the inside pipe would have to be very close to the inside diameter of the outer pipe. Otherwise it would wiggle and wobble. Hmm, ill have to do some research or hopefully find some moose forks. also,can anyone tell me who sells welding rods for oxy/acetelyne. Im not sure what stores to check. Lowes? i dont know of any weding supply shops around me

Compnerd88

Mr. Build-Sum-Sh!t
Reaction score
Here's a phone # to MOOSER MOTORS 704-873-6625. Try and talk to Heather, she is very helpful.

Also, try to contact Rider Wholesale directly, they sell the forks for $125 I'm pretty sure

-Logan

freakboy

the names 'mater
Reaction score
The bushings can be stiff nylon bushings they should work. u can even have 1 shock just for the front.

02mx-5

Reaction score
So i have a question. Im planning on putting a 5 hp briggs in the bike until i get a clone and work on that. I removed the governor and shaved the head. I am going to get a rod for it if i can find a decent price. Until then i will just keep the revs down. I want to know what the best size sprocket, front and back will be for good all-around speed. Also what is the realistic topspeed with this setup and with what size sprockets?

02mx-5

Reaction score
For the time being its going to have a 10 tooth clutch and a 60? tooth sprocket. I believe thats a 6:1 ratio. What kind of gearing is that for a doodlebug?

Status
Not open for further replies.