i need a clutch

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirtrider69

Reaction score
i need a new clutch i think because when i take off on my cart the clutch squeels a little un till i get up to full rpms but i need another one anyway and i was wondering to get a 10 tooth or a 12 tooth? and what kind of chain should i get???

ironman

I'm Back!
Reaction score
hum..squeels maybe to lose not for sure.but a 41 pitch chain is a nice strong chain. 35 is standard and alot of people use these.there are also several other you could go with to.check out main page for chain info.im using a 41 pitch with a 11 tooth sprocket size thats on my clutch.on my kart-1 .my son has a 35 pitch chain on his.

ironman

I'm Back!
Reaction score
no not as fast as i would like it.....dirtrider what are you wanting speed or quick take off.

dirtrider69

Reaction score
i have had my cart up about 45 so i have the speed and take off i want i think im just gonna replace it with the 10 tooth like the one i have.....can you tell the difference in a 10 tooth and a 12 tooth???

oscaryu1

Reaction score
More teeth = slower top speed...

Well... there's more than that, but I'm justa speed freak :p

kibble

I banned myself
Reaction score
Let's clarify, just so there's no confusion.

Keeping the axle sprocket the same size but getting a smaller than original drive sprocket = more power/lower top end speed. bigger than the original drive sprocket = more top end speed/less power.

Doing the opposite and leaving the drive axle the same but changing the size of the one on the axle will have the opposite effect. For example smaller will be less power/more top end. Larger, more power/less top end.

Status
Not open for further replies.