I know this is kinda stupid but take a peep, please

Status
Not open for further replies.

beansdaddy78

JR. Member
Messages
565
Reaction score
2
Location
Carbondale IL.
hey guys, i was looking through a few late 60's popular mechanics mags that i picked up at a yard sale and seen that they used to sell ski's for go karts and mini bikes. I was wondering if anybody had a pair, or have ever seen or heard of them before.

Of course i want a pair or want to make a pair, so im hoping someone has a set or has tried it or something.

thanks
 

beansdaddy78

JR. Member
Messages
565
Reaction score
2
Location
Carbondale IL.
I am sure I have seen someone using snowmobile skis for a projet, but I am not too sure who. Maybe try a search and see what you come up with
i did a google search didnt find much, im gonna keep looking.

do you think strapping some cheap or used ski's onto the tires might hold if i use steel straps or something? not sure how to do it but i know im gonna try if we get snow this year.

if anybody has any ideas please share them with me especially if you have and failed or succeeded.

thanks
 

Orange Krate

Active member
Messages
1,117
Reaction score
14
Location
North Texas
When I lived in Wisconsin guys would rob them off junk snowmobiles and DIY dingos into half-skis. Check Craigslist for northen Illinois for junkers. I know a few snowmobilers up there...even where one is sitting but, it's prolly gone by now.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top