I just found a Murgay for $30

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soapbox kid

New member
Messages
186
Reaction score
0
Location
Durham, North Carolina
Riding the wave i came across a 90's model Murgay for $30.The guy has the axles & four tires.My ??? Is is it worth the repaint & gas money....
 

Attachments

  • 5Ke5F55R03E63G13I4c86b33ed9a8cfb618a8.jpg
    5Ke5F55R03E63G13I4c86b33ed9a8cfb618a8.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 29

Nodroz

New member
Messages
1,071
Reaction score
1
Location
Belgium (Europe)
If it came with tires and an axle, then it's a good deal in my opinion. The axle alone is worth more than that.

However, if you have to buy everything else like brakes, sprockets, engine, steering setup, you'll be spending a lot of money! If I were you, I would sell it again with profit, unless you have all the stuff to make it complete.
 

jdmkid

New member
Messages
201
Reaction score
0
Location
Toronto, Ontario
I guess as long as you have or can get a steering setup, hub and all that stuff for a good price, its worth getting the frame.
 

landuse

Moderator
Staff member
Messages
18,797
Reaction score
594
Location
Pietermaritzburg, South Africa
So basically, a rolling margay for $30; HE// YEAH! Even if you spend that much in fuel to get it, it's still a bargain

Unfortunately it looks like he is going to have to purchase spindles to make it a rolling chassis, but I will have to agree that for what you are getting, the price is definately right!!

I would also agree with Nodroz that buying all the parts you need to get this thing going is also going to be expensive
 

anderkart

Moderator
Messages
6,430
Reaction score
385
Location
Surprise Arizona USA
I agree with the others, the trickiest/most exspencive parts might be finding the correct spindles.

I always wonder what the reasoning was to strip a racekart frame like that.
Many times, the frame is somehow damaged, flexed-out or stolen.

Has the bottom side of that frame been wore into a D-shape from scraping against the track by any chance?
 

OzFab

Well-known member
Messages
15,615
Reaction score
73
Location
Warwick Qld, Australia
The guy has the axles & four tires. My ??? Is is it worth the repaint & gas money....

Unfortunately it looks like he is going to have to purchase spindles to make it a rolling chassis, but I will have to agree that for what you are getting, the price is definately right!!

I agree with the others, the trickiest/most exspencive parts might be finding the correct spindles.

From the statement by the OP, I assume axles to mean more than one (front & rear) or am I mistaken?
 

Soapbox kid

New member
Messages
186
Reaction score
0
Location
Durham, North Carolina
Part right the kart has axle with all the needed parts but it's bent .like I said I have another one just need to put it on.(if I get the kart) I was only able to see the picture i posted. So I don't know about the D shape but if u look at the bottom of the frame it's full of holes. The PO said it's from lead shot to weight the kart down......sorry for the late info just talked to the guy 5min ago.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top