I have...an idea...

Reaction score
I use a couple of Traxxas motors in my son's Jeep and my wife (<100lbs) can drive it around a bit, so it could work but watch out for heat. Moving lots of weight uses lots of power and I've had issues in the past with both controllers and motors burning out.
Thanks for the heads up. I'm going to plan on oversized motors, probably at least 500w per motor.

Reaction score
Hmm. I think I found a good option. The Harbor Freight Hercules drills are only about $50 (and sometimes there's coupons), and it comes with gearing for 600 rpm output (a good option for 8" wheels, keeps it under 15mph), and a speed controller. I'll have to start with one to test the wiper voltage to make sure it's based on 5V and not the full 18 of the battery, and to make sure it'll work off of just +/- contacts without the other two pins). I might ask my dad to borrow his for the test, but $50 isn't that much for a test. I don't know how much their power rating is, but I imagine it's sufficient that 4 of them, one on each wheel, should be good. Sometimes I'll only be using two of them, but that still should be plenty of power to move it methinks, just perhaps at a lower speed.

20v Lithium-Ion Cordless Compact 1/2 In. Drill/Driver - Tool Only (harborfreight.com)

Reaction score
your gonna have so much torque it will be hilarious watching this thing drive
Well I'm going to program everything through a circuit board, so I can make it so that 100% of *my* throttle translates to only 10% of the controller's max throttle. I'm going to start somewhere low like, probably 25% of max output, so it'll be smooth and slow and see where to go from there. I could even program the throttle to curve based on my input if I want, or a dance routine, whatever I feel like.