I have an idea..

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcarteraz07

Reaction score
So I think I have an idea in the direction I'm going to head in for my build.

This:

With This..

I can pick them both up for pretty decent deals. What do you think? Of course I will have to get a lot more but it's a decent start no?

EDIT: Maybe take out the bench and add these too?

rcarteraz07

Reaction score
So for this frame that I'm going to be using.. Will I need to beef up the front suspension because of the motorcycle engine I plan on using? Also, should I do a swing arm suspension in the rear? What would be best?

rcarteraz07

Reaction score
Sweet! Just sold an iPhone 4 I wasnt using so I got some more cash on hand. Bought the engine, $150 shipped. Now to figure out if I want to use that frame up there or fab one.

EvoDre

Reaction score
naw leave it a two seater dont want to be out there in the woods all alone when you could of had a lovely lady with you

rcarteraz07

Reaction score
As you can see in the picture above the frame has no rear end so I will be fabricating one... The question I have is what should I go with for suspension? And what kind of axle should I use? Anywhere I can get one? Thanks

r_chez_08

Should be in the shop...
Reaction score
I would suggest using the original suspension mounts. Are you looking at a simple 'hinge' type with the motor mounted on the rear? If so, a 1 1/4- 1 1/2" rear axle should be good. They can be had from loads of places including-
Bmikarts.com
Gokartgalaxy.com
Gokartsusa.com
Surpluscenter.com
Etc.

rcarteraz07

Reaction score
Well, I would like to go a different direction from a "hinged" type but I don't think I have the skills for that as of yet. I've been searching through old posts and on the web and it seems very complicated. Would it be best to do a jackshaft setup with the motorcycle engine? I'm thinking of adding more ground clearance too so I would most likely have to redo the front. no? Any opinions and advice would be GREATLY appreciated! I'm still new and trying to learn as I go.

qtband

Reaction score
Since it's a motorcycle engine and is set up with gears, I don't think you need a jackshaft. Also, don't underestimate swingarm suspensions. You may be surprised at how well it works. I would fab one up using the original mounts, get some good shocks and start riding. That's my opinion.

rcarteraz07

Reaction score
Hmm... Well I guess we'll see. I just picked the frame up and the engine should be here next week. Now to get some steel, gas tank, new tires and what have you. Pretty stoked. Gonna start a thread in the build logs now. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.