Hydraulic brakes

Status
Not open for further replies.

PullHorse

Reaction score
I'm a bit confused when it comes to converting my mechanical rear brake to a hydraulic brake. It's a 1" live axle go kart and I'm wondering if it's simply a matter of getting the tubes, master cylinder and 1 caliper + rotor? Can I use the existing 'disk rotor' that I currently have on there with a mechanical caliper?

This one: https://www.gopowersports.com/6-brake-disc

Would something like the link below work assuming I can keep the current disk?

https://www.ebay.com/p/Rear-Hydraul...o-Kart-Cart-Kit-XQ/784770822?iid=141911338830

Thank you

mckutzy

Reaction score
Im going to say yes... but there might be a compatibility issue with the disc material and the pad composition.....
I had an issue with my mech caliper pads not able to stop my bike with a motorcycle disc installed... it turns out the disc is stainless and its meant to be a carbon brake with these pads...
So inversely, It might work... at least itll have alot more clamp then the Mech setup..

PullHorse

Reaction score
Thanks. Any ideas where to get a nice cheap combo of master cylinder, caliper and line with proper fittings. The one I posted above won't ship to Canada and I'm trying to find "kits" but the prices are ridiculous and with parts I don't need. Most individual parts I search for are for specific karts or bikes it's confusing.

mckutzy

Reaction score
I think GPS wil ship to Canada, just have to call them...
There is the amazon.ca...

What is the vehicle?...

mckutzy

Reaction score
I'd measure the exsisting disc thickness first... If your thinking that eBay one ask what is the thickness it can accommodate...

How much for ship from GPS...

PullHorse

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip I'll ask about thickness.

GPS uses fedex and I've ordered loads there but now any item of any weight will be 30$ minimum, and that's the lowest it can be. Then you get a massive import charge bill, sometimes as much as half your order's worth.

What I've been doing lately is using ebay and buying mostly from OMBwarehouse but only through ebay and the international shipping program. Much cheaper this way. If I go and order the same item on OMBwarehouse directly, same shipping as GPS and it's insane.

Anyways thanks for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.