Hydraulic brake question

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazykart

Crazy member
Reaction score
Anyone ever use one of these before?: http://m.ebay.com/itm/321723800069?nav=SEARCH

As some of you know I'm doing a reverse trike design. Well I want brakes of course, but I want brakes on all wheels. I have an atv front end with calipers, discs and lines, and I have a disc for the back so I was.gonna pick up another caliper and line. I was going to run everything off of this one master.

Thing is that I need the back brake to engage slightly before the front for stability issues. Ive contacted the company with no luck. Question is, does this have a build in proportioning valve and matering valve or qould I have to get that seperate to ensure the the rear wheel engages before the front?

Anyone know of a small non boostered master that would be able to do that?

Am I going to have to bite the bullet and either get my valves, or get 2 smaller one line masters and rig then so when the peddle is pushed it will contact the rear brakes master just a mm before the front?

noiseguy

Reaction score
Thing is that I need the back brake to engage slightly before the front for stability issues. Ive contacted the company with no luck. Question is, does this have a build in proportioning valve and matering valve or qould I have to get that seperate to ensure the the rear wheel engages before the front?

That design MC will work for your use without a prop valve, b/c it's a dual piston design (essentially two MCs cast together). What you'll need to do is set up the pedal assembly so that it pushes in the piston for the rear lines slightly before the front. Even if the pedal design has a single press arm, you should be able to shim it up for that. It will take some trial and error, but you'll have that anyway.

LMK if questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.