Husqvarna two stroke

madprofessor

"Loose Cannon Creations"
Reaction score
The crank end of a rod doesn't have hardly any side/side motion, very little. The piston end's another story. With the piston out of the cylinder, there could be all kinds of side/side play, even sliding side/side. It depends on the rings to keep it centered in the cylinder, not the rod fit.

Barîb

Reaction score
Okay good to know. I’m going to do the old oil in the cylinder trick and see how that goes. If it doesn’t start with that (yes the spark fires and the carb is in fact working), then I can be even more certain just that my compression is the problem?

Karttekk

Reaction score
More than likely yes. Don't worry about a head, if you want to lay a straight edge against it to check for warping you can but you shouldn't need a head.

Barîb

Reaction score
Finally back; little update, I ordered all the replacement parts I could need. I just decided to bite the bullet and just buy fresh parts instead of fixing it. I really hate saying that as I’m normally pretty stubborn about buying new parts (no seriously I refuse to get brakes for my go kart when my first ones didn’t work (we have brakes now)), but I figured it wasn’t worth the trouble to mill it down, especially since I am still acquiring power tools. I’ll give another update once the parts arrive.

Barîb

Reaction score
Cylinder and piston are fixed, everything is on, new gasket, new rings etc. Pull start is very jittery. As in it stops and starts, I can pull it but can feel every single time it turns over, is not smooth. Would it need to be connected to the plastic flywheel/impeller for the added bit of weight? As in should I bolt it back onto the backpack assembly? Also not sure how much it matters, but the muffler is off (open exhaust port, and the intake does not have an air filter (open to carb). Any thoughts (and please don’t just upfront say to chuck it unless it is past saving)?

Pictures coming soon

madprofessor

"Loose Cannon Creations"
Reaction score
You have to bolt it together completely. Muffler, air filter and all. To see if it will run.
Absolutely right. An open exhaust port doesn't allow for proper intake of air/fuel, I'm surprised you got it to fire off at all without that exhaust pipe at the very least, with a muffler even better, expansion chamber the best.

Barîb

Reaction score
Can anyone explain the pull start being jittery. Basically I can feel (in my shoulder) every turn of the clutch and the piston going up and down. I literally just replaced the piston and cylinder. Is it possible that the plastic impeller/ flywheel that the clutch meshes with being off is responsible for a weight imbalance?

Barîb

Reaction score
So great news. We’ve got her running but it’s not revving up. We are somewhere around idle probably +/- 50 rpm from it, and whenever we pull the throttle cable it begins to die/ dies depending on how much throttle we are giving it. Can you give me any tips? We tried letting it idle for about 5 minutes to clear it out, but no such luck.

Barîb

Reaction score
I can check the jets tomorrow, but how do I adjust timing? Would it be timing of fuel intake or timing of ignition? How would that normally be adjusted on a similar engine? I can send picture if needed.

FlyFrog

Reaction score
I can check the jets tomorrow, but how do I adjust timing? Would it be timing of fuel intake or timing of ignition? How would that normally be adjusted on a similar engine? I can send picture if needed.
i wouldnt know details for that exact engine, but im talking ignition

Barîb

Reaction score
Okay so I tried a few things today. I tried adjusting the fuel mix screw. I had to slowly drill out the plastic plug and then adjust the screw. Great, so I run it, sounds better, tinker with that for a bit. I try again a bit later to get it going again but no luck. For about an hour I’m adjusting the fuel mix screw to no avail. I was able to start it easily yesterday, and once today but now not. Any ideas on what may have happened?