Howdy from Tucson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noseoil

Terrible Tim
Reaction score
New member just saying hello. Have an older Baja MB165 which I swapped out to a Predator & TAV 30. Having fun riding this thing, second childhood, but much faster than it was with the tired motor & clutch.

Still breaking in the motor & working out a couple of bugs. New Kenda road tires this week, much better ride now & traction. They work well in the dirt & are very solid on pavement.

Also, working out a battery location for LED lighting & switches. Should help to see better at night with this much light. Using a rechargeable battery setup since the Hemi motor doesn't have a coil attached for voltage.

Hellion

Disc brakes are for cowards
Reaction score
to the forum.

That's a nice bike. The flat handlebars and flat LED lights go very good together. Serious tires too.

Noseoil

Terrible Tim
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Yep Poboy, the "lawn" is easier to keep up with this way. Had another good ride this weekend & things are settling in pretty well on the bike. Best deal I could find online for the 572 tires was at Dennis Kirk.

Thanks for the warm welcome (should be 100 again today)!

Bbqjoe

Banned
Reaction score
Best deal I could find online for the 572 tires was at Dennis Kirk.
I'm about 255 miles North of you, and those look like perfect tires for the AZ terrain.
The price is also fantastic. The tires are only $3 more than OEM's at OMB, and they're 4 ply to boot!

Thanks for the Baja info.

2SlickNick

American Minibikes @ FB
Reaction score
Welcome...
I too am an Az resident...
I have the these - http://m.ebay.com/itm/Pair-of-SunF-...-4-Ply-A021-/301984578806?txnId=1385824806020

Game changer... as you said they do wonderfully on the road and well on the dirt.

I have a few of those bikes and add the springer seat for rear suspension.

Welcome again...
If you are on Facebook check out - Az mini bike riderZ
We go on group rides and it is just anotherway for AZ mini bike riderz to stay connected.

---------- Post added at 09:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 PM ----------

Also your bike looks great. I am considering doing a set of handlebars like that when I build my warrior drag bike.

Noseoil

Terrible Tim
Reaction score
Hi Nick, sent a friend request on FB, so looking forward to joining the group. I guess Phoenix is where you guys are located? 'Hood ride looks like fun, no death penalty here in Az. for riding, so that's good!

Status
Not open for further replies.