how to remove a small engine govner (video)

Status
Not open for further replies.

solomon

Active member
Messages
1,648
Reaction score
8
Location
ca
That's a horrible video, if someone does this the internal governor will explode and destroy your engine!
 

motor_head

expert garbage picker
Messages
479
Reaction score
1
Location
sutherland IA
:iagree:
what you did isn't removing the governor all you did was bypass it (bad)
you need to take the side cover off and remove the internal weights
 

Kaptain Krunch

Pro Junk Collector
Messages
4,636
Reaction score
4
Location
vermont
Thats probably fine, hes just adjusting the governor, not disabling it and the gear probably wont fly apart. He'd be lucky to get more than 4200 with that "mod".

However, it is still better to pull the internal workings of the governor. I know you were trying to help, but posting a video with wrong information could do more harm than good.
 

EagleTalons

Master JB Welder
Messages
1,100
Reaction score
5
Location
Forsyth, Montana
Removing the throttle stop screw is good for about 4000 RPM. Engine is safe without the screw in there. You can also make it go the other way. A good thing to do to your friends go kart right before a race!
 

NJOHC

New member
Messages
301
Reaction score
0
Location
NJ
I've had my gov. overridden to 4500RPM for over a year without any bad results. Only I added another spring to do so instead of loosening the screw.

Also, I would think by loosening the screw it wouldnt do anything? It would give you short burst of extra RPM's, but then the gov would still take over. I could very well be wrong though
 

khank1995

New member
Messages
71
Reaction score
0
I had that engine on the gokart before i had the 13. I bought the engine brand new around 2 years ago, first thing I did was take off the screw.
 

Doc Sprocket

*********
Messages
15,677
Reaction score
151
Location
Ontario, Canada
No need to be rude, people. But, Khank, you should retitle the video, so the viewers are led to believe you are making an adjustment. There's too much incorrect info on the 'net as it is...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top