how to gear

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocko

Reaction score
ive got a mini bike frame and a engine off of a toro snow blower ive worked with four cycle enginrs before but never a two is there a certain way to use a jack shaft with the right gearing so i can use a centirfig clutch or is there a clutch i can get for it:confused: :confused:

rocko

Reaction score
rpms

not sure but ive heard that two cycle engines run about 8000 right:eek:

Reaction score
hey Rocko, i used a briggs snowblower engine once on a mini. it only made about 3 h.p. but it depends on your shaft size. mine was 5\8 inch so i made a spacer to 3\4 and used a NORAM race kart clutch. i used the springs available to slip to 4000 rpm and it worked good. it maybe could have used a little less. get a clutch with the smallest sprocket that still has the needle bearing, prolly 13 teeth. if you have a normal rear wheel, like a 410x3.50x6, then i would use a 72 rear sprocket and try it from there. they performance aint going to be earth shattering but fun. the engines dont have alot of low end power, so you have to use enough gear ratio to get it moving unless you just want to ride on the road all the time. anyway then the thing wants to overrev at high speed, and it will blow the rod!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.