How-to-Build a Super Go-Kart "Plans"

Status
Not open for further replies.

racerc2000

Reaction score
The shortcuts and insight revealed are worth $1000′s in time and headaches. Now this information is available and not so out of reach. LOL

information like that should be free. unless your printing up a book to send.

but all in all. we like the trial and error. or at least I do

il buy plans to build a hover Kart. or a time travel kart

besides. all I see is a fuzzy low res pic of a kart in the banner. how do I know your plans are not for this?

Doc Sprocket

Reaction score
Nothing personal, but I'd rather buy the $17 cheeseburger. Ready for constructive site criticism?

I should not have to look that hard to find finished pictoral examples of the kart that the plans build. What if that's not the kind of kart I'm after? No sale.

I did not see any "samples" of the plans. What am I buying? Is it some incredibly well-detailed CAD drawings, maybe with 3D images that will give me an excellent idea of what I'm working with? Scaleable blueprints? Or did a 5-year-old with a green crayon put it together on the back of a paper Denny's placemat? No sale.

Viewing it as a potential customer (and I'm ALWAYS in the market for plans), I'm going to McDonald's with my $17.00. Nothing personal- Pretty up the site and actually show us what you're selling, and you'll do a lot better.

devino246

Official DIYGK Chem Nerd
Reaction score
A DATE to a fast food restaurant? :roflol: That'll be the only date with that girl :roflol:

From a web developer's standpoint, the site needs some work. Too many words, and the look of the page is a bit boring considering the topic. Theres no real description of this super go kart; like TS said, no samples.

racerc2000

Reaction score
heres the huge letdown. I did some searching and found their facebook page with a few pics.

now not to badmouth plans but. doesnt look like the untouched front end is holding up.

is this plans to build a cart? or how to stretch an existing cart.

I must say the fab work pleases me I like the exhaust and fuel tank. has a real clean look. but if these pics were on the site it would seem less like your trying to put something over on us.

theo

Reaction score
That kart is a terrible design for those big engines. Tubing to small spindles to light just to start.

diysupergokartplans

Reaction score
heres the huge letdown. I did some searching and found their facebook page with a few pics.

now not to badmouth plans but. doesnt look like the untouched front end is holding up.

is this plans to build a cart? or how to stretch an existing cart.

I must say the fab work pleases me I like the exhaust and fuel tank. has a real clean look. but if these pics were on the site it would seem less like your trying to put something over on us.

I respect you opinion and I cleaned up the site, and put up a couple more pics. feedback is Greatly appreciated, I never want to come across as trying to put something over on some one.

racerc2000

Reaction score
I almost fell out of my chair. $17 for item and $17 S&H is this a 20lb book? I thought this was the digital age. pay and instant gratification.

my shop has a computer just for plans. I prob have over 30,000 plans for everything from sheds and woodworking to gokarts and racecars

I tend to pay for plans. when there a pack of 50 or 500. must be some amazing plans for 34$

Doc Sprocket

Reaction score
I respect you opinion and I cleaned up the site, and put up a couple more pics. feedback is Greatly appreciated, I never want to come across as trying to put something over on some one.

Glad you're actively working to improve things, and not appear to be trying to rook folks for they're hard-earned cash. I'm the type of person that will insist on people paying for legit plans, not copying from others. In that vein, if the plans are not legit (fake, incomplete, scribbled on a napkin), that just is not right.

Things do look better, but an image (watermarked, and/or altered to avoid illegal copying) of one page of your plan would be very good to display. Show folks exactly what they are buying. The wiring schematic is nice, but is obviously from a factory bike repair manual.

For my own knowledge (and you MIGHT want to make this clear on the site-

Do these plans ONLY cover the installation of one specific engine? Or is there some kind of provision in the plans for one or more other popular choices?

Status
Not open for further replies.