• OFF TOPIC fun forum - NO politics - NO religion - NO jerks. It's not complicated. Thanks!

How Much Would You Pay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

devino246

Official DIYGK Chem Nerd
Reaction score
My uncle and I are planning on selling the 1972 Chrysler Striper that we've fixed up over the last 2 years.

Work done:
Sanded and painted hull
Repainted trailer
New seats
Cleaned carb.
Replaced fuel lines
Custom built windshields(made by me:D)
2 New tires on trailer
Replaced steering and throttle cables
Installed new bilge pump

Engine runs well, having the bottom end summerized this week.

What do you think its worth? Im thinking somewhere in the $1200 range.

Attachments

• striper01.jpg
    striper01.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 5
  • striper02.jpg
    striper02.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 3
  • striper03.jpg
    striper03.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 3
  • striper04.jpg
    striper04.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 3
  • striper05.jpg
    striper05.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 8

dictionary6767

Reaction score
In nj the trailer alone is worth 1200 and the motor another 1500, plus the boat I'd say 1000! I'd ask atleast 3500! Hope you can sell it.

devino246

Official DIYGK Chem Nerd
Reaction score

Bluethunder3320

Reaction score
id say about 2,500. unfortunately boats arent selling fast these days, not many people have the spare money to throw into a marina and gas.

do you know when my grandpa had a 16 foot boat at the marina, it costed 10,000$ a year to keep it docked? and also on top of that, gas costs $6-7 a gallon on the water. you want to fill a 100 gallon tank for a gas guzzling V8??? yeah, it costs 600-700 dollars to fill up. on top of that, insurance, and all the other added costs like repairs he had done.

and thats why he sold it. it just didnt make sence. we had good times fishing and tubing, but it averaged out at over $1500 every time we took the boat out. we used it less than 10 times a year.

those were the good ol' days....

looking for a john boat that we can just tie up to the bulkhead.......

devino246

Official DIYGK Chem Nerd
Reaction score
id say about 2,500. unfortunately boats arent selling fast these days, not many people have the spare money to throw into a marina and gas.

do you know when my grandpa had a 16 foot boat at the marina, it costed 10,000$ a year to keep it docked? and also on top of that, gas costs $6-7 a gallon on the water. you want to fill a 100 gallon tank? yeah, it costs 600-700 dollars to fill up. on top of that, insurance, and all the other added costs like repairs he had done.

and thats why he sold it. it just didnt make sence. we had good times fishing and tubing, but it averaged out at over $1500 every time we took the boat out. we used it less than 10 times a year.

Its a 16 footer, might as well just store in on a trailer.

EDIT: Wait, a 16 footer with a V8 and a 100 gal tank??? wtf??? That CC is a 283 V8 with a 20gal tank and I think its 17ft.

Bluethunder3320

Reaction score
Its a 16 footer, might as well just store in on a trailer.

EDIT: Wait, a 16 footer with a V8 and a 100 gal tank??? wtf??? That CC is a 283 V8 with a 20gal tank and I think its 17ft.

i think it was a 16 footer. thats just a guess but it looks similar sized to yours.

evinrude v8.... at the time we had it i was younger and didnt have much intrest in engines, i would know all about it if it was today.

devino246

Official DIYGK Chem Nerd
Reaction score
i think it was a 16 footer. thats just a guess but it looks similar sized to yours.

evinrude v8.... at the time we had it i was younger and didnt have much intrest in engines, i would know all about it if it was today.

:roflol::roflol: Evinrude made an outboard v8:roflol:

Sounds like a bass boat, which is tiny and overpowered.

Bluethunder3320

Reaction score
dang, i dug up some old old pics and apparently it was a v6. :oops:

it was a sport boat. 1989.

sorry terrible pics..

the speedo went to 70. the most we took it was around 50. LOL.

i remember once at my grandmas i heard a bunch of growling, turned my head and i was like WOAH. there was dozens of cigarette boats racing, like 5 helicopters filming. it was insane. they do it once a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.