Hello everyone.
I’m getting more serious about welding and I’m still trying to understand how to choose the right lens darkness for different jobs. I mostly work with MIG and stick welding, but I may start doing some TIG work as well.
I’ve seen people recommend different settings depending on the amperage, material, and welding process, so I’m not sure what a good starting point is. How do you decide which welding helmet shade to use for each type of welding?
Is it better to use an auto-darkening helmet with adjustable shade settings, or is a fixed shade still practical? Any advice from experienced welders would be appreciated.
I’m getting more serious about welding and I’m still trying to understand how to choose the right lens darkness for different jobs. I mostly work with MIG and stick welding, but I may start doing some TIG work as well.
I’ve seen people recommend different settings depending on the amperage, material, and welding process, so I’m not sure what a good starting point is. How do you decide which welding helmet shade to use for each type of welding?
Is it better to use an auto-darkening helmet with adjustable shade settings, or is a fixed shade still practical? Any advice from experienced welders would be appreciated.