how can i get theblade off

Status
Not open for further replies.

briggsbriggsbriggs

New member
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
how can iget the blade off a lownmower engine...its rusted on and besides that the bollt is done up really tight

is there some kind of special tool need or just brute strength

thanks in advance
alex
 

jfoust

New member
Messages
41
Reaction score
1
Location
Atlanta, GA
How about some good old PB Blaster? I've gotten many a stuck thingy loose thanks to that stuff and some brute strength. Only about $5 or so and available at any auto parts store.
 

KieranM

Doin It!!
Messages
1,409
Reaction score
3
Location
Kilkenny, Ireland
what usually works for me is, spray a good lot of wd40 on the nut/bolt and leave it for a while. then get a good fitting socket and it should come off, best not to use a spanner because it can slip and damage the bolt head and then your stuck.

Another way can be to get a blow torch and heat it up,this expands the threads and gets off easier.
 

ktm450exc

New member
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
get a torch and apply heat to the nut, a good socket.. or if you have an impact gun that will do it too
 

02mx-5

New member
Messages
309
Reaction score
0
Location
Orange County, New York
let it soak in pb blaster for about 2 days. Try removing it with an impact gun or a long breaker bar, leaverage is your freind. No luck? Heat it up REAL good. Try it again. Stripped bolt now? get one of those craftsman bolt remover kits. it looks like a socket with sharp, curved ridges inside
 

sideways

Unfinished projects king.
Messages
1,501
Reaction score
2
Location
Perth, Western Australia
I use a block of wood to chock the base and then I slip a piece of pipe over the handle of the ratchet. I've cracked every lawn more bolt I've done (and I've done dozens) using that method, no WD40 or anything.

Hayden
 

mike75925

thinker and tinkerer
Messages
1,753
Reaction score
4
Location
Alto, tx
getting a bolt off is sometimes easier than removing the blade holder. to remove the blade's holder, i suggest a pulley puller or something like it.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top