how about some advice before screw up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scout

Nutjob
Reaction score
Okie dokie... I am swapping the Fun Power 5 for a Predator 212. I bought some parts online and one of them was a top plate, therefore I had to remove my fuel tank. Now I have my fuel pump mounted, but I need a pulse to run it. There is a port cast into the valve cover. It used to dump into the airbox. I would use it but I am concerned that blowing will build and it wont work correctly. My other concern is that if I have a breather on that valve cover I wont have enough pulse to pump fuel. Unfortunately I havent found much tech on this, although without having internet at home its hard to search.

Scout

Nutjob
Reaction score
My internet is back on, I've watched several videos and it appears that you drill and tap for a hose barb, and have a breather. I guess I'll take the valve cover in to work tomorrow.

Scout

Nutjob
Reaction score
Thats been the question, where to put it. Its going to end up above the motor anyway, so it wont matter much if the fuel pump works well or not.

Scout

Nutjob
Reaction score
When I posted, I had not decided where to put the tank. I have since had a friend over and asked him. He said I should weld tabs to the chain guard and mount the tank above the motor, so it doesn't mater anyway. But I've already tapped the valve cover and mounted the fuel pump, so why not use it.

Poboy kartman

Senior Moments Member
Reaction score
When I posted, I had not decided where to put the tank. I have since had a friend over and asked him. He said I should weld tabs to the chain guard and mount the tank above the motor, so it doesn't mater anyway. But I've already tapped the valve cover and mounted the fuel pump, so why not use it.

So basically. ....you are babbling to yourself about nothing in paticular.??..:lolgoku:

Scout

Nutjob
Reaction score
I guess so.

Got the tank on, fuelled it up and this thing rips! Power everywhere. I do need to jet it though, took a spin around the block with my gps Speedo app running and it maxed out at 34mph, 2mph slower thqn my friends fastest kart. We pulled the plug out and it still looked new, so I know I need to fatten up the carb. I bet I can pull a little more speed out of it then.

The old flatty only pushed the kart to 18mph, ha ha...

Status
Not open for further replies.