Honda GX-160 head?

BrownStainRacing

Reaction score
Some where I read/saw that a GX-160 head will bolt right on a Predator 212 hemi, for better combustion.
How true is this. If so, are there any modifications needed?
Thanks.
The gx160 head has a 14cc combustion chamber, which will boost the CR over the stock 212 20cc-22cc head.

The only difference that I have ran into, when swapping a 14cc head to a 212, is the earlier predator 212 non hemi blocks.

The dowel pin holes are different.
It will still work fine, jus don't use the dowels. The head gasket will still be straight and lines up fine.

You should open the ports up some, as the 14cc is ported and designed to be on top of a 68mm piston and 45mm crank (160cc)

The 212 is 70mm bore and 55mm stroke, as you can see, that's a huge difference in the way the 14cc head will flow when on a 212.

It'll start and work fine without port work, but will limit rpm to around 4500, and you will see big gains in the lower and mid range, makes big smiles for fun time play toys that still have a working governor 👍.

Here, arc tells the difference with the 212 blocks, and you can see the smaller chamber on the 14cc compared to the 20-22cc head.

Rat

Reaction score
GX200 is 196cc, 68mm piston, and also has a 14cc head. The small valves aren't worth the compression boost. If you wanna put the money into a decent head, your better off getting a milled Non Hemi head.

Hemi Flows better on account of the port/valve angles, unfortunately valve clearance requirements are a compression penalty.

In theory you could get a domed 70mm piston and carve valve reliefs into it, but then you're looking at flow disruption and hot/cold zones in the bore.

Bottom line Hemi sucks if you want serious performance, swap to a milled wedge (non Hemi) head, or a GX200 that has had the valves reputation to at least 27/25 (I've seen 32/27 which is overkill IMHO)