Honda Clone Wiring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sdannenberg3

Semi-Effective Member
Reaction score
Hey, its been awhile, and I have a blue HF clone engine. I bypassed the on/off switch and rerouted it to my steering wheel so I could use the switch up there. Well since then, it has gotten ripped apart and im not just talking about my button. There are some wires coming out of places that IDK where they go. Does anyone know where I can find a wiring diagram so I know what goes where and what does what?

freakboy

the names 'mater
Reaction score
probaly low oil sensor then the plug wires and the kill wire should be coming off of the coil and then ground is the engine block.

THE HUNTER

"Ghetto Rigging Expert"
Reaction score
yup, you dont really need the low oil sensor if you actually check the oil like you should, and ive read on here about it shutting down the engine on sharp turns cause the oil would move to one side, so just leave those disconnected.

but like Freakboy said, the kill wire should be coming off the coil.
just touch that to ground (the engine block) and it will kill the ignition.

Sdannenberg3

Semi-Effective Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I know about the low oil sensor, I actually had that disabled. I just wanted to make sure I was correct. Cause I had the wire not grounded to anything and it still wouldnt fire.

Decided that since it had been sitting that I would check the spark plug. I took it out and EWWW, covered in this black what looked like oil substance. Now why would oil be in there?!?!?! You think I should open her up and take a look inside or just go with it cause its a cheap clone? lol

What could be causing that???

EagleTalons

Master JB Welder
Reaction score
To rednek test your ignition take a screwdriver and the ignition boot. Push the screwdriver into the boot and have your partner pull the cord. It should shoot a blue spark onto the block. (you must be holding it close) If you cannot see the spark. Hold the metal part of the screwdriver. You should feel it. ;)

Sdannenberg3

Semi-Effective Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I just cleaned the gobs of buildup off the sparkplug and it is sparking now.

Now I just have loads of other problems.... new thread for those :)

THE HUNTER

"Ghetto Rigging Expert"
Reaction score
ahhh, the redneck spark tester!
used that one many times!

the best way to do it is have an un-knowing buddy help you....
"here, hold this"
-"why?"
"just do it"
*pulls starter*
-"YAHH!! :censored: :censored:"
"hehe :biggrin5:"

lemegacool

got boost? :)
Reaction score
ahhh, the redneck spark tester!
used that one many times!

the best way to do it is have an un-knowing buddy help you....
"here, hold this"
-"why?"
"just do it"
*pulls starter*
-"YAHH!! :censored: :censored:"
"hehe :biggrin5:"

that made me think of something... when i was a kid (like 12) and did not have the internet to educate myself on engines, i noticed that the engine (weed eater one) was producing electricity (spark) and i tried to use that electricity to power up a lamp... lol that day i learned that there was several thousand volts in a weed eater engine:roflol:

Status
Not open for further replies.