Honda Clone, like to paint

Status
Not open for further replies.

southingtonkarter

Slim Shady
Reaction score
I have a Honda GX160 blue clone, just to f*** around with. It won't fit in my kart but I'm saving it for a future project. What I want to do, to make it look cool, is paint it, that is the cylinder, valve cover, crankcase, and gas tank. I was thinking the cylinder, crankcase, and gas tank black, and the valve cover blue, and I'll keep the recoil and that metal cover thing blue. Can I do this with normal spray paint? Do they make high-temp paint or is it not needed? Help me...
:sifone::sifone::sifone:

Russ2251

AZUSA:Powered by LAWN-BOY
Reaction score
High temp paint not needed except for exhaust fittings.
Semi gloss is the preferred coating and is/has been used by B&S for many decades.
Everything must be COMPLETELY OIL AND CONTAMINANT FREE!
Allow to cure for at least a week before putting into service.

JHen

Reaction score
They make high temp paint. It is usually black. Rated up to 1250 degrees farhenheight.

southingtonkarter

Slim Shady
Reaction score
I changed my mind. Already. What I think I'm gunna do is just take off the valve cover and paint it, because it will look better. My Briggs, however, I think I'll do it all flat black.

Blazkowiez

Kart Aficionado
Reaction score
I have a Honda GX160 blue clone, just to f*** around with. It won't fit in my kart but I'm saving it for a future project. What I want to do, to make it look cool, is paint it, that is the cylinder, valve cover, crankcase, and gas tank. I was thinking the cylinder, crankcase, and gas tank black, and the valve cover blue, and I'll keep the recoil and that metal cover thing blue. Can I do this with normal spray paint? Do they make high-temp paint or is it not needed? Help me...
:sifone::sifone::sifone:

Shouldn't this be a GX200 clone?

solomon

Reaction score
Are you saying flat won't put up with the heat, or some other factor?

Yea, I'm curious as well, I have always painted my Briggs with a high heat flat black and never had a problem. I liked the high heat paint ONLY because the finish it left btw.

solomon

Reaction score
Like i said, I like the finish it leaves. But what is bad about flat black?

Status
Not open for further replies.