Honda/clone carb insulator?

Status
Not open for further replies.

B.M.800

TheBeal.
Reaction score
What purpose does the channel in these serve?

Will the engine go super nova if I make one of these, and leave that channel out?

Attachments

• ARCDJ-3235_MEDfile_800_store.jpg
    ARCDJ-3235_MEDfile_800_store.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 0

Bbqjoe

Banned
Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken that's the float bowl vent. I don't think it'll even run without it.
I thought it was some kinda ant tunnel.

This info is golden.
It probably answers 75% of the "I worked on my engine, now it won't start/stay running" posts.

Did you put the magic spacer back?

B.M.800

TheBeal.
Reaction score
Mine did the same thing, super glue worked but its not permanent...
How would you make yours?

Thought Id use a chunk of 2x4...

Im not sure, I have to look around and see what kind of material I have. I have some plastic, almost like cutting board I might try. Might have some aluminum floating around somewhere.

So hears another question, thickness. Stock unit is somewhere around 3/8in or 1/2in. Providing there isnt an issue with the linkages, could I get away with 3/4in or 1in?

Is this a real significant distance here?

I cant remember how thick the pieces I have are. Too lazy to go look at this hour. :yawn:

B.M.800

TheBeal.
Reaction score
Well here will be an attempt to make this part. I have no idea what kind of plastic this stuff is. Maybe it will work. Maybe it will melt to the head... :roflol:

Its a bit thicker than the stock one... if this becomes a problem, I have some thinner material.

Ill use the gaskets to get about the right shape, and dremmel the channel in.

Attachments

• IMG_3119.JPG
    IMG_3119.JPG
    100.5 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_3120.JPG
    IMG_3120.JPG
    101.8 KB · Views: 0

mckutzy

Reaction score
On one motor I have it says PF which translates to- Phenol-formaldehyde resin... Bakelite phenolic.

B.M.800

TheBeal.
Reaction score
I just want to know how you killed it in the first place.

My guess it was too tight.

The one thats broke now is a replacement from BMI karts. Seemed like a brittle plastic to me, one of the fingers that hols the fuel like in place snapped off as held it in my hands before I put it on.

Thats was a couple months after ordering it, and it didnt really bug me so I didnt feel the need to bug BMIkarts about it.

Bbqjoe

Banned
Reaction score
My guess it was too tight.

The one thats broke now is a replacement from BMI karts. Seemed like a brittle plastic to me, one of the fingers that hols the fuel like in place snapped off as held it in my hands before I put it on.

Thats was a couple months after ordering it, and it didnt really bug me so I didnt feel the need to bug BMIkarts about it.
So this problem with the magic spacer seems to be a re-occurring issue in your life.

Bbqjoe

Banned
Reaction score
Should I seek counseling? :huh:

The Great Wazoo says:
Spacer abuse may lead to spousal abuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.