Honda 125 Shifter.....Revive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BriggsTwins

Reaction score
Hey guys found an OLD engine in the shed, its a honda 125 missing an assortment of pieces. i cant recall the year on it but it does have compression and the valve train is intact, But there isnt a carb, oil plug, CDI coil, or some covers for it. what do ya think?

anderkart

Reaction score
Might be worth rounding up the missing pieces as long as the lower end and tranny are still good. Do you know the history of it? If not, do all the gears seem to work? As you turn the engine over (w/o spark plug), find some way to lock the sprocket down to keep it from turning and rotate the engine in each direction checking for any excessive freeplay or strange noises from the crank or tranny. (do this test in each gear)

BriggsTwins

Reaction score
Ive played with it before and it feels ok all round, but just needs a few covers. It isnt missing anything critical other than the carburetor from what i have read a mikuni may be my best bet. there are coils that i may use but i dont know thier state or operating voltages, im going to assume the engine is 12V but i may get shafted with the 6V gen coils i dont know yet.

anderkart

Reaction score
We could probably research the serial #'s and confirm if it was 12 or 6 volt, or if it did (or can) use battery eliminator type componets...

BriggsTwins

Reaction score
Pictures!

CB125se

Attachments

• DSCF8126.jpg
    DSCF8126.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 10
  • DSCF8129.jpg
    DSCF8129.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 1
  • DSCF8132.jpg
    DSCF8132.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 7
  • DSCF8134.jpg
    DSCF8134.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 1
  • DSCF8128.jpg
    DSCF8128.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 2

crazycart

RedNek Engineering
Reaction score
Get the ORIGINAL carburetor setup for that engine. If you just throw a random mikuni on there your going to have lots of fun with jetting....

Status
Not open for further replies.