Homelite will not start

Status
Not open for further replies.

qtband

Well-known member
Messages
1,772
Reaction score
70
Location
St. Louis, MO
Does any of the outer hub slide on the crank? if so, how much? The part I listed extends the shaft. I haven't used it but others on here have.
 

swbls12b

New member
Messages
19
Reaction score
0
I stopped at the kart shop yesterday and found out that instead of doing minor mods to the torque converter plate, charley the chinaman used 1/4" spacers.
After a minor modification I have gained approx. 1/4", and that's all the more contact area the hub has.
I would like the center hub to go on a little further.
I can post pics. If that would help.
 

swbls12b

New member
Messages
19
Reaction score
0
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368029405.696945.jpg
These two spacer go on the crankshaft and then the inner hub, which leaves NO room for the center of the outer hub.
There are also spacers between the torque converter plate and the engine that are the same thickness as the shorter spacer. I was told yesterday the plate is supposed to bolt directly to the engine.

With the removal of the small spacers, I have that much contact area between the crankshaft and the center for the outer hub.

Have I completely confused everyone?
 

swbls12b

New member
Messages
19
Reaction score
0
But, it has 1/4" spacers between the engine and the plate.
I was told that should not be.
 

swbls12b

New member
Messages
19
Reaction score
0
To the very best of my knowledge (although I don't have one) the plate should be tight to the 'case.

THats exactly what I was told, remove the spacers.
I will still only have maybe 1/4" of room for the outer portion of the clutch hub.
I need to find a diagram of this thing with names to make sure I am calling these parts what everyone knows them as.
 

markymac

New member
Messages
31
Reaction score
0
Location
new York
I had same problem ,my engine would barely run and only with it choked,problem was clutch was engaged and was putting power to the tires killing the engine,ran fine with it up on a block with no load on it..,new clutch and was back in business ..
 

swbls12b

New member
Messages
19
Reaction score
0
Finally found some free time and got the new engine mounted and running.
THe kids love it, and so do I.
But, it is time for more power.
Someone else has started another thread on that very topic about the same engine as what I plan to use so, I will just follow along.
Any advice is greatly appreciated.
 

swbls12b

New member
Messages
19
Reaction score
0
The original engine is what I plan to modify not the new one.
Besides I paid $100 for the new engine, not too concerned about any warranty.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top