Home made riding tractor buggy update

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryf

Reaction score
its been a while but we are redoing the lawnmower buggy rear suspension this year going to independent single swingarms and thought I'd put up some pics of the work

the parts still need final grinds and tabs cut off in some places but the gist is there, we are running 1" shaft through 2000lb trailer hub spindles for a double sheer bearing on the cheap (got them 20 bucks a side, and they are easy to rebuild) the axles will be locked with collars into a small hole drilled in the axle on the u-joint side and the live axle hub itself locks it to the other side of the trailer hub bearing assembly.

we are switching from size 40 chain to 60 chain due to umm.. some breakage issues with the old suspension design and it just not being the right match. hopefully this time will go better. the old peerless 820 riding mower transaxle is holding up well.
obviously nothing is welded up we are still designing all the bits but its coming along fast :) at its last gearing we were getting 47mph on the GPS on open trails this time around theres no telling where it will be we are trying some new gear configs and taller tires but the new way will be swappable unlike the old way, which was welding gears on to jack shafts which made parts annoying to swap.

the new track in the back will be 55" approx compared to the old 44" this will definitely stabilize it more than it was and reduce my ability to hop it over on its side lool ( I hope)
we already had some width in the front and by flipping the wheels back to the right side out the width will be 50-51 in the front so it will be a good stance IMO. hope you liked following my little mind dump, if you have any questions or comments would love to hear them.

Status
Not open for further replies.