hiya guys! noob from ireland :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

garyegt

Reaction score
hey everyone! my god am i happy to find this forum:D

my names gary, im 22, and no i dont have an electric go kart sadly :( BUT thats due to change over the next few months!

im in my last year in university and my course being as awesome as it is allows me to make whatever the hell i want! so guess what im making? haha!

hope to chat soon!

KieranM

Doin It!!
Reaction score
welcome lad.

Petrol is the way to go, as parts are easiest to come by here. You can try electric but im not sure on how available motors and speed controllers are. Any restrictions to the size, weight,power ect

garyegt

Reaction score
key kieran,

i would prefer a petrol one alright but i have to also keep it relevant to my course, hence electric. ive been sourcing a lot of parts and looks like theres gonna be a lot of customs bills is all i can say there is restrictions for size but its quite lenient. the gokart will be fine :)

KieranM

Doin It!!
Reaction score
a tip for ya. I bought an axle for my quad from florida, and anyting over $20 that comes in from outside the eu will get charged extra, so just send the sender a message saying to keep declared value under 20. Im sure its not legal but sure hey, saves money. Granted it looked odd, having an axle with $124 postage cost

garyegt

Reaction score
a tip for ya. I bought an axle for my quad from florida, and anyting over $20 that comes in from outside the eu will get charged extra, so just send the sender a message saying to keep declared value under 20. Im sure its not legal but sure hey, saves money. Granted it looked odd, having an axle with $124 postage cost

the likes of that will be made by me. the only things i need to buy in are the electronic componants, steering wheel seat, etc.

i think ill put up a proper thread for it there now in the electronics section

Status
Not open for further replies.