hi im new here

Status
Not open for further replies.

parastroika2000

Reaction score
just got a 5 hp briggs & stratton fun power manufactured in 2001. throttle linkage is messed up governor springs are off. i cant figure it out any help would be appreciated pics would be great, thanks

KingCobra

TROLL CRUSHER INC.
Reaction score
NOOOOOOOOO! Don't click on that link!!!!! He is a spammer from other websites!!!!!!!!!!!!! His link, I'm told, contains a virus!:D Just kiddin' LOL Scott

l0ll00l

Reaction score
NOOOOOOOOO! Don't click on that link!!!!! He is a spammer from other websites!!!!!!!!!!!!! His link, I'm told, contains a virus! Scott

:iagree: I am a spammer from other sites, and any links I make can and will destroy your Social Security funds!

Additionally, never listen to anything I say!

KingCobra

TROLL CRUSHER INC.
Reaction score
just got a 5 hp briggs & stratton fun power manufactured in 2001. throttle linkage is messed up governor springs are off. i cant figure it out any help would be appreciated pics would be great, thanks

Actually, you really don't need to use the governor. You can hook up directly at the carb linkage,BUT, don't run wide open too long or my could blow your engine. That is the only reason the governor is used for. Try full throttle using a governor, THEN, try full throttle just using the carb linkage. You may put an adjustment at the throttle pedal that stops at any RPM you like as a safety to not over-run your engine. I have 3 5hp briggs and I will include the pictures you want,but, they may not turn out as it is a tight fit up in there. Thanks, after seeing my own fotos, I am confused as ever LOL. Scott.

Attachments

• 5 hp Briggs linckage photos 001.jpg
    5 hp Briggs linckage photos 001.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 13
  • 5 hp Briggs linckage photos 002.jpg
    5 hp Briggs linckage photos 002.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 12
  • 5 hp Briggs linckage photos 003.jpg
    5 hp Briggs linckage photos 003.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 8
  • 5 hp Briggs linckage photos 004.jpg
    5 hp Briggs linckage photos 004.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 10
  • 5 hp Briggs linckage photos 005.jpg
    5 hp Briggs linckage photos 005.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 9
  • 5 hp Briggs linckage photos 011.jpg
    5 hp Briggs linckage photos 011.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 11
  • 5 hp Briggs linckage photos 010.jpg
    5 hp Briggs linckage photos 010.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 11
  • 5 hp Briggs linckage photos 008.jpg
    5 hp Briggs linckage photos 008.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 12
  • 5 hp Briggs linckage photos 007.jpg
    5 hp Briggs linckage photos 007.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 11
  • 5 hp Briggs linckage photos 006.jpg
    5 hp Briggs linckage photos 006.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 15

KingCobra

TROLL CRUSHER INC.
Reaction score
How the governor works is: The airflow through the top or side of the engine depending on a horizontal or vertical crank, increases with the throttle and the airflow inside a cover hits against a flap of some sort :D and the more you throttle and bring the RPM's up, the more air hits that flap and actually controls the carb and brings the throttle back down. This is just a way to save the engine from over- revving and blowing up. The only reason I like the governor system is, when climbing hills, it controls the carborator and keeps the engine from shutting down and actually helps you keep climbing. The governor doesn't come into play untill you actually get to half, to three quarters of a throttle or suddenly open the throttle all the way. YES, governors have their good pints and their bad>> GOOD--> Helps to keep engine from stalling when POWER, not speed, is needed. BAD--> Holds back the actual speed you could be doing while just giving you the ability to throttle and put the engine under pressure with out stalling it.With the governor on gokart, I can do 20 mph, without, I might be able to do 30 or 35 mph or faster, depending on how long I wanna keep my engine :D Try this...... Go test a lawnmowers performance under stress. You will find that it will either climb up a brick wall or just sit there and spin its tires if you have the nose against a tree. Then, drive the same mower running directly off the carb linkage and you will see that there is no seemingly helping boost to get you up a hill or spin the tires if against a tree. It will just wanna stall out under pressure. I should know, been there myself LOL!!!!!:D. Scott

Attachments

• Final Tractor Build NEW PAINT 3 1 09 017.jpg
    Final Tractor Build NEW PAINT 3 1 09 017.jpg
    228.4 KB · Views: 9
  • Final Tractor Build NEW PAINT 3 1 09 027.jpg
    Final Tractor Build NEW PAINT 3 1 09 027.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 4
Status
Not open for further replies.