Hi Go Kart World!

JHSolutions

Reaction score
Firstly I would like to say, this seems like a really friendly and polite forum so I’m well chuffed to get involved. There’s lots of useful ideas and kool builds to look through so it has been majorly useful already!!

I’m from the UK so I’m not sure what availability I can get speciality parts, it seems most of you are from the states… but it’s kool I’m hoping to fabricate most of it myself.

I’m going for a lifted kart build… with fat wheels and tyres… like CC’s build.

I’ve got myself a Honda generator engine so far and a load of frame metal to use.

I’ll see how it goes and update as and when!

Thanks guys!! 😁💪🏼

landuse

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum!! Just be careful with generator engines, as the output shaft is often tapered and cannot be used with clutches unless some serious work is done. You could swap out the crank with a straight shaft, or have the tapered one turned down. I think there might actually be some adaptors around nowadays too that you can slip over the shaft to make it straight.

JHSolutions

Reaction score
Thank you.

yeah I think I’m going down the route of turning it down so it’s straight… if I need a straight shaft though I’ve got a Honda lawn mower engine to knick it from if need be! 😁

JHSolutions

Reaction score
Hi guys! Little update…
Parts are coming together now. I’ve manage to get a kids electric car to use as my body so with that I now have, engine, frame metal and body! I will carry on collecting!!

23DB31BC-0A0C-4DC7-8C9E-FF022DDB07E3.jpeg
416117E6-1C21-431B-A4E8-4662F1014299.jpeg
C8997C0D-97AB-427B-8899-4F990F3CA154.jpeg
ECBB163F-3479-4389-ADD9-2ADC835AC4D8.jpeg

Karts of Kaos

the many mowers guy
Reaction score
so idk how old that engine is but i had one that was similar and had points and i had a terrible time getting the spark to work and what i learned is that you can not use a conversion kit on that engine and you need to stick with the points. other than that its a great engine. cool build cant wait to see how it goes.