Hi from Pennsylvania

farmchick1987

Reaction score
I'm new here....I grew up having go-karts but never did much with them but now that I have kids and am also back into dirt track racing.....my hobby is building and riding go karts.....but I have a limited amount of knowledge so I joined to learn more and to get advice from the more experienced people here....thank you in advance

Crazznewt

Reaction score
You are in the right place. I am a new-ish member with a lot of kart experience and still enjoy learning from the gearheads on this site. You say you're into dirt track racing, in what capacity? Are you a driver, crew or spectator?
My boys are getting the cart out as I write, and watering down the dust on the track.

farmchick1987

Reaction score
Well for now I am just a spectator....but about 10 years ago I along with my friend helped his buddy with his sprint car....now my co-worker has derby cars so I help him sometimes but I myself have always wanted to race or at least help a crew but it never seemed to work out.....I now have a stepson-7 and my own daughter-11 and we love watching the races and we have 2 go-karts at the moment....we talk about building our own car but its a dream that my checkbook will never be able to afford but its fun to have this passion with my kids

Crazznewt

Reaction score
I always wanted to race but it was always just out of reach for me. I have hung out with and helped a few racers even getting in the way of Mark Martin and Larry Phillips on occasion.
Our family still attends races at the incredible Lucas Oil Speedway in Wheatland, Missouri. They have 3 tracks (one is a man made lake.). But the boys love working on their go kart and competing in time trials more than attending the races. Learning to use tools and keep them clean and organized has been a great bonding experience. It is satisfying to have a kid ask for me to go to the garage and "watch" him work on a kart, bike or other project.
The time spent playing video games has been drastically cut thanks to this go-cart and a recent investment in board games!
Looking forward to seeing pics of your karts and updates!