Hi from central NC

AutoXdriver

Reaction score
Ever since I discovered the adult 200cc Chinese go karts I've been wanting one, so I'm doing some research as to which one I should get. Looking to drift on dirt/gravel and possibly hit some ATV trails. Not sure if a 200cc will have enough power for me so I'm planning on mods pretty much right off the bat. I'd be looking for a 300 or bigger if I thought i could afford it! Looking forward to learning a lot here.

panchothedog

Reaction score
Welcome. I don't know much about the newer Chinese karts but there seems to be a lot of people who are having trouble with them in one way or another.
Also the lay down style of engines they use ( not a good description ) are not as easy to work on or have the availability of hop up parts as the clone -predator type engines. Sure they have electric start, lights, and reverse . For myself at least those are not the things that attract me to the hobby. I like to build the engines and see how much I can get out of them and then play with the springs
in the torque converter so the kart will drift on dirt and be driven kind of like you
describe on your post. If you are mechanically inclined think about buying an older type kart and building it to your liking. LOTS OF FUN.

AutoXdriver

Reaction score
Welcome. I don't know much about the newer Chinese karts but there seems to be a lot of people who are having trouble with them in one way or another.
Also the lay down style of engines they use ( not a good description ) are not as easy to work on or have the availability of hop up parts as the clone -predator type engines. Sure they have electric start, lights, and reverse . For myself at least those are not the things that attract me to the hobby. I like to build the engines and see how much I can get out of them and then play with the springs
in the torque converter so the kart will drift on dirt and be driven kind of like you
describe on your post. If you are mechanically inclined think about buying an older type kart and building it to your liking. LOTS OF FUN.
Thanks for your reply. I would consider that route but I really like the frame/style of one of the chinese buggies, it is large and has enough leg room for me and I want it to be the basis of my Kart. The domestic carts I've seen are too small for me. :(

Karts of Kaos

the many mowers guy
Reaction score
i really find that leg room isnt a problem (im 6'6" and its all in my legs) i ride a 1990s carter bro's path winder and its a smaller gokart, but i can ride it comfortably and get in and out easily. but then again im 15 and a twig.

panchothedog

Reaction score
The karts I own are all two seater, live axle with roll cages. More like mini dune buggies. They have a wheel base of 60" and a back of seat to pedal distance
of 37" - 38" . I am 6' even and at 73 no I can't get in and out of them easily,
but once seated I am comfortable enough. Just bought a 5th kart a couple of weeks ago, a MANCO Intruder. It has a wheel base of 68" and pedal to seat
distance of 40" . Main reason I bought it was because it came with a brand new Predator 301 engine. I have been wanting something bigger than the 212 cc as
I have built 4 of them and feel like without getting into a lot of machine work
= $$$ I need more displacement. Engine was new, kart was VERY rough and
weathered. Once I get it all refurbished this one might be for me instead of one of the grandkids.