HHO Kart

Status
Not open for further replies.

DirtyDamage

Reaction score
Was thinking of running a go kart off of a HHO(Hydrogen derived from water)...

Hear it out, instead of having to deal with gas and additives and running out of gas, simply make an HHO cell which can be done with no modifications to the engine, and a $20-30 DIY HHO generator...

Just a thought, would need a 12V battery but I have a few of those lying around collecting dust...

Could possibly make a hybrid kart, run it on gas and hydrogen to increase HP, and efficiency...

Thinking of doing this in my racing lawn tractor, run the cell directly under the seat and run electrical through the frame, and the larger battery I have installed, depending on the alternator voltage maybe I can run it off that after it's started...hmmm

How to make a cell:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqjn3mup1So

Engine running off HHO:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2iRZ4qJ38OY

DirtyDamage

Reaction score
No worries, I searched it, all threads are from years ago....a lot changes in years...

I searched both HHO(Nothing even though I made a thread...) and I also searched Hydrogen and nothing much too current...last thread was 2014 but used hydrogen peroxide not an on board generator, or tank to use it...just exercising a new idea..

Poboy kartman

Senior Moments Member
Reaction score
Errrrr....make that..."revisiting an OLD idea".....

If you have Googled up some earth shattering new technology and want to present it here....AWESOME!!!!!

Otherwise......:horse:

DirtyDamage

Reaction score
I was exercising the new idea of using it in a go kart as either the entire fuel or just hybrid with gas... Hmmm what if instead of using air lock off the carb intake and use the HHO in replacement. Would probably either not work or work well. Just an idea

BirdFanatic

Reaction score
Problem lye's here how are you going to stop the machine from continuously creating HHO .You wont be running the go kart full throttle the whole time . So what happens to the extra HHo it builds up and becomes a bomb .Here is the other thing if you have a short inside the system because you run low on water boom hydrogen bomb .I know its a cool idea and i had to do all the math to see how much gas a engine at idle uses .But i ran into a problem just like with alcohol you have to widen the jets on your carb and raise compression this is a gas (Not gas you put in a car) how do you know how much you will never for every second to keep the motor running at a nice idle .

chancer

ɔ ɥ ɐ u ɔ ǝ ɹ
Reaction score
Errrrr....make that..."revisiting an OLD idea".....

If you have Googled up some earth shattering new technology and want to present it here....AWESOME!!!!!

Otherwise......:horse:

No offense DD:
But guys remember some members are very young and 4 years seems like a looong time ago when you are 16. Give the guy a break. When these ideas were presented 3 or 4 years ago for example 3 different members (all who made posts today) were in like 6th grade! What 6th grader even knows what HH0 is! Let alone fuel cell technology!
I say congrats to teenagers learning and thinking outside the BOX.

BirdFanatic

Reaction score
No offense DD:
But guys remember some members are very young and 4 years seems like a looong time ago when you are 16. Give the guy a break. When these ideas were presented 3 or 4 years ago for example 3 different members (all who made posts today) were in like 6th grade! What 6th grader even knows what HH0 is! Let alone fuel cell technology!
I say congrats to teenagers learning and thinking outside the BOX.

i talked about HHO when i was 17 and added everything up to figure out how much gas a predator engine used at idle per min ect

Status
Not open for further replies.