HF engine

Status
Not open for further replies.

euge

Reaction score
My engine at first would die when i where to let go of the choke, so i just road around with choke all the time, but then i wanted to go onto the grass, but it had very low torque so i started messing with the needle that i believe goes to the carburetor. And when i started the gokart and started moving i could feel the torque, but after a 1/4 a mile it started giving short burst of it about to die until i idled for a bit and it just died, i was try to mess around with the needle again but it just doesn't want to be stable anymore.

Kaptain Krunch

Pro Junk Collector
Reaction score
Definitely clean the carb, then set the needles back to 1.5 turns out each, that should get it started then from there tune it.

euge

Reaction score
i ran with it for about a mile, what should i do? I still have my two year warranty.

Kaptain Krunch

Pro Junk Collector
Reaction score
HF engines(and pretty much all newer engines)have no high speed adjustment, you can thank the EPA for that.

I actually just noticed that on my briggs 12...so then how do you tune high speed on newer engines?

I guess for some weird reason i have only had to mess with my old engines and not my new ones...

euge

Reaction score
turns out the need i was turning was the need to hold down a hose, i saw a black needle in the back is it that one?

kibble

I banned myself
Reaction score
Like the Kap'n said, the HF clones DON'T have adjustment needles. You can thank the EPA for that. It most likely needs to have a good cleaning. There is one screw that can be adjusted on them and I believe it's the one for the idle.

modelengineer

Lord of the noise
Reaction score
Running with choke on...is like...bad.
Could be sucking crankcase muck past rings into combustion chamber.
Not to doubt you or anything, but... how?

It's just like running with the throttle closed and the fuel needle opened way up...

euge

Reaction score
what would be the easiest way to clean a carb?
and do you think i did any damage to my engine?

kibble

I banned myself
Reaction score
Remove from the engine and get yourself some carb cleaner and clean everything in it. Kerosene works really well too.

TerryOlson

Reaction score
Remove the carb from the engine (paying careful attention to what connected where) and get it on a workbench or table. Set out some paper towels or something so you can keep things organized when you take it apart (again - paying careful attention to what came from where). When all of the parts are disassembled hit everything with carb spray and compressed air if you have it - watch your eyes, you will get a lot of spray at times if you're not careful. Re-assemble and try it out. This is the most common fix for small engine running problems.

There's only one way to learn - just get in there and do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.